KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Pieces of Olivia (Charlston Haven #1)

Pieces of Olivia - Melissa  West

Olivia Warren used to be a normal girl with a bright future.
But on one fated night, everything changed.

Hiding the scars of her past up her sleeves, Olivia transfers her enrollment from Columbia University to The College of Charleston, determined to pursue her own dreams for the first time in her life.

She intends to allow herself a bit of alone time to heal... that is, until she meets Preston.

Preston is best friends with her roommate, completely hot, and off-limits. But the chemistry between them is instantaneous—and as the pair begins to spend more time with one another, their feelings for each other build into something undeniable, something powerful enough to heal Olivia’s deepest scars.

Olivia tries to put her own past behind her and trust Preston, but she discovers that his past might be more present than she ever bargained for…

"I can't breathe when you're around. I can't think. I can't control my mind and forget my body. I am useless and weak and I hate this version of myself. Yet... I have never wanted anyone like I want you."

I have been such an enormous fan of Melissa West since reading her debut novel Hover. I fell head over heels in love with her characterisation and her writing skills. I couldn't wait for more and now have read everything that she has wrote to date. When I heard she was writing a New Adult Contemporary novel I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I have been on such a massive contemporary kick lately and for my favourite sci-fi author to turn to contemp I couldn't wait to see what she would come up with. Melissa West can officially write anything. Her first turn to Contemporary Romance is a masterpiece. This book is just fantastic.

All Olivia wants is to have a new start. To escape her past and never have to think about it again. She just wants to be alone and have time to heal. But then she meets her new roommate... and her super hot best friend. Preston is a no-strings-attached guy but when he meets Olivia he can't help but want to know her better. He wants to know about the past Olivia is so desperate to forget... but he has a past that he doesn't want her to know. Can they put their pasts behind them in order to be together, or are they destined to tear them apart?

Pieces of Olivia is one of the most unique and different New Adult books I have read to date. After reading a lot of NA books I started to become a little bored as they all had such similar themes I felt like I was reading the same book just told in different ways. Pieces of Olivia is so different to the others that are out there. It's completely unique and it has such an addictive quality that you just can't stop reading until you have finished the entire thing.

I absolutely loved Olivia in this book. She is such an amazing character to follow throughout the story. The great thing about this book is that we meet Olivia present day so at the start of the book we don't actually know what had happened in her past. Just that is required for her to get professional help. We go on this journey with her as she heals while at the same time go through the journey of finding out what had actually happened to her in the past to make her as she is. It's such a cleverly way to write a book and I really bow down to Melissa. This book purely shows just how much of a talented author she is.

Preston is without a doubt the character that all the girls will fall head over heels in love with. He is super swoony and super sweet and he is just the boy next door that anyone could meet. In a lot of novels you find that the main guy is so perfect there is no way that he could be real. Preston is the realistic guy. The guy who makes mistakes and learns from them. He is perfect in the way that he is totally not perfect.

Pieces of Olivia is an incredible, uplifting story of healing and learning from the mistakes and events of our past. Melissa West is definitely here to stay and this book has her claiming one of the top spots in the list of best NA authors. Pieces of Olivia blew me away. I loved every single moment and it is definitely one of the better NA Contemporary novels out there. A must-read for everyone.

"I'm here, right now, and I am out of my mind in love with you. I love you so much that it feels like my chest might explode."