KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

The Dollhouse Asylum

The Dollhouse Asylum - Mary Gray

A virus that had once been contained has returned, and soon no place will be left untouched by its destruction. But when Cheyenne wakes up in Elysian Fields--a subdivision cut off from the world and its monster-creating virus--she is thrilled to have a chance at survival.

At first, Elysian Fields,with its beautiful houses and manicured lawns, is perfect. Teo Richardson, the older man who stole Cheyenne's heart, built it so they could be together. But when Teo tells Cheyenne there are tests that she and seven other couples must pass to be worthy of salvation, Cheyenne begins to question the perfection of his world.

The people they were before are gone. Cheyenne is now "Persephone," and each couple has been re-named to reflect the most tragic romances ever told. Everyone is fighting to pass the test, to remain in Elysian Fields. Teo dresses them up, tells them when to move and how to act, and in order to pass the test, they must play along.

If they play it right, then they'll be safe.

But if they play it wrong, they'll die.

The Dollhouse Asylum was one of my most anticipated reads of the year. I genuinelly couldn't wait to get my hands on it. Right from the moment I saw that creepy-ass cover I was dying to read it. The Dollhouse Asylum was so much more than I could have ever imagines. It was so much more creepy and it is possibly the most unique book I have ever read.

When Cheyenne wakes up in a strange place she doesn't know what has happened. Told that a virus has wiped out the world and she is in a safety asylum Cheyenne is in shock. The love of her life Teo has taken her and seven other couples into his safety world but all is not right. Renamed to reflect seven of the most famous couples from tragedies they must learn to act as their namesakes would or their life could be in danger. As Teo becomes more and more eccentric and dangerous Cheyenne, now Persephone, must decide whether to follow the man she always believed she loved or helping her friends to escape from his madness. Will everyone survive or are the destined to end up like the original tragic couples?

Mary Gray... I bow down to you. The Dollhouse Asylum was such an addictive, mysterious and creep-tastic book. I really enjoyed it. Mary's writing style was just fantastic. It drew me in right from the start. I was hooked and intrigued by her incredibly unique and mysterious story line. I just had to know what was going to happen and keep reading. I was just completely taken with the storyline and the characters.

I adored that Mary adopted from tragic stories within the book. As soon as I saw the list of names I couldn't read on as I just had to stop and try and figure out which tragedies they were. So many of the stories within this story are some of my favourites and so I really loved that aspect of the story. The Dollhouse Asylum is so creeptastic and incredible. Mary Gray is seriously fantastic to have come up with that concept.

Teo... okay I freaking hate him. He is such a psychopath. Right from the start I hated him and was coming up with some ways that I would like him to die... preferably by me jumping inside the book and doing it myself. I wanted to strap him in an electric chair... or behead him. He was awful and I just kept hating and hating him more and more the further I got through the book.

Cheyenne... oh Cheyenne. This is the only problem that I had with this book. Cheyenne really annoyed me. Right from the moment she was still loving Teo even though he was crazy evil and it made me want to reach into the book and knock some sense into her. She got better as we got through the book but she was still quite dependent other people and I just wanted her to get up and kick some ass by herself but it never came.

The Dollhouse Asylum is a great, creepy book and is the perfect book for halloween... I know too late telling you right since it's now November. I really enjoyed the book and think it was possibly the most unique story I have ever read. I loved how different it was from anything else I have ever read. The Dollhouse Asylum is definitely worth buying. It was a great read. I really enjoyed it.

"Just because you love someone doesn't mean you should."