KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Trust in Me (Wait For You #1.5)

Trust in Me - J. Lynn

It’s Wait for You as you’ve never seen it. Trust in Me lets you in on Cam’s side of the #1 New York Times Bestselling story.

Cameron Hamilton is used to getting what he wants, especially when it comes to women. But when Avery Morgansten comes crashing into his life – literally – he finally meets the one person who can resist his soulful baby blues. But Cam’s not ready to give up. He can’t get the feisty and intriguing girl out of his head.

Avery has secrets, secrets that keep her from admitting the feelings Cam knows she has for him. Will persistence (and some delicious homemade cookies) help him break down her barriers and gain her trust? Or will he be shut out of Avery's life, losing his first real shot at the kind of love that lasts forever?

"Holy shit, Strawberry Shortcake just ran me over."

Oh Cam, Cam, Cam *insert dreamy sigh here*

I completely and utterly fell in love with Wait For You way back in February. Jennifer L Armentrout is without a doubt my favourite author of all time and I remember back when I was reading Wait For You sending Jen emails and messages going so I want this in Cam's point of view and when she asked which bits I replied ALL OF IT! Thankfully a lot of fans agreed with me and we finally have the awesomesauce that is this book.

Cam... oh my Cam. Just when I thought I couldn't love him any more I read Trust in Me and just fell even more in love with this boy. He is just utter perfection. I will admit that when starting this I was a little scared to read it. As much as I love getting the books from the guys point of view I was so in love with the story from Avery's point of view I was afraid that seeing it from Cam would take away that bit of magic that Wait For You had. I was also scared of missing parts of the story because they weren't as essential to Cam's story and characterisation as Avery's. I was completely and utterly wrong.

Trust in Me was JLA work at it's best. It was utter perfection and while this may be shown as a novella (Wait For you #1.5) rest assured that there is lots and lots of Cam. This is more like a full length novel. I adored every moment of it and couldn't put it down. I ended up devouring it in one sitting. I just couldn't get enough of my precious Cam and seeing the story from his point of view just made it all the more magical. You saw the softer, more emotional side of Cam and it just made you love him even more.

Other than the books Jen has wrote in split point of view (Frigid/Origin) and the additional scenes on her website, this is the first time we see her writing from the male point of view. It is the first time that for the whole book we are in the heros head instead of the heroine. I tend to find that sometimes I don't associate with those 'hero' books as much as ones told from the female protagonist but this wasn't the case whatsoever. I already loved Cam from Wait For You and I easily fell into his point of view and rode out this eventful journey with him.

Trust in Me just proves how incredibly talented an author Jennifer is. She is proving to be one of the best, and more diverse authors out there right now. You find certain authors who write in the same genres all the time whereas Jennifer just continues to prove that she can write anything. Paranormal, contemporary, sci-fi, urban fantasy... everythng she writes is fantastic and I know whatever genre she decides to take a shot at next it will be phenomenal and she will conquer it all. Trust in Me showed just how taleted she is and how much she has grown as an author since her earlier books (Half-Blood/Unchained). I continue to be completely in awe of her incredible talent and I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.

Trust in Me is a must read for all Jennifer L Armentrout and contemporary romance fans. It was phenomenal.

"The truth was, if I was perfect, it was only because of her. It would only ever be because of her."