KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Destroy Me (Shatter Me #1.5)

Destroy Me - Tahereh Mafi

Perfect for the fans of Shatter Me who are desperately awaiting the release of Unravel Me, this novella-length digital original will bridge the gap between these two novels from the perspective of the villain we all love to hate, Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.

In Tahereh Mafi’s Shatter Me, Juliette escaped from The Reestablishment by seducing Warner—and then putting a bullet in his shoulder. But as she’ll learn in Destroy Me, Warner is not that easy to get rid of. . .

Back at the base and recovering from his near-fatal wound, Warner must do everything in his power to keep his soldiers in check and suppress any mention of a rebellion in the sector. Still as obsessed with Juliette as ever, his first priority is to find her, bring her back, and dispose of Adam and Kenji, the two traitors who helped her escape. But when Warner’s father, The Supreme Commander of The Reestablishment, arrives to correct his son’s mistakes, it’s clear that he has much different plans for Juliette. Plans Warner simply cannot allow.

Set after Shatter Me and before its forthcoming sequel, Unravel Me, Destroy Me is a novella told from the perspective of Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.

I have so many mixed feelings about this book. I was rather skeptical to read it with it being from Warner's POV because in book one of the series Shatter Me, I absolutely hated him. However with me dying to get my hands on Unravel Me I just had to read it to get my fix of the Shatter Me world while waiting for the second installment of the series. So I gave it a go, and I am glad I read it but I just didn't like it as much as other people seem to unfortunately.

Picking up where Shatter Me left off Juliette and Adam have escaped from the clutches of The Reestablishment and Warner. But Warner will do everything in his power to get Juliette back. But when his father steps in with drastic measures Warner will do everything to find Juliette... now.

I have such mixed feelings about this novella. I am really glad that I read it and it ended up really changing my perception of Warner. I really like him as a character and find his really interesting to read about. Maybe because of my background in psychology and his being a very 'messed up' character. While reading Destroy Me I started to understand Warner a little more. However while most people started to like Warner during this novella... I didn't. I still hate him and cannot stand him after this. I understand his character a bit more and I find him an interesting character but even after seeing his side of things I still just don't like him. He is just a character I dislike and even understanding him a little more isn't making me like him.

I found this book kind of slow and considering it is only a short novella it took me around 3 days to read it because I was just kind of bored throughout it. I adore Tahereh and her writing style and my thoughts about this novella is nothing to do with her writing style. I truly believe that because it was from Warner's POV I found it extremely hard to get into and to like as much as Shatter Me. I am glad that I read it and it definitely is worth reading before Unravel Me but I was a little disappointed and found I didn't like it as much as Shatter Me. It did leave me dying to find out what was going to happen next in Unravel Me thought so it's a great filler while waiting for Unravel Me to be released.