KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

SPOILER ALERT!

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games #2)

Catching Fire - Suzanne  Collins

Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark won the annual competition described in Hunger Games, but the aftermath leaves these victors with no sense of triumph. Instead, they have become the poster boys for a rebellion that they never planned to lead. That new, unwanted status puts them in the bull's-eye for merciless revenge by The Capitol.

This review probably won't be very good because I am so shocked by the ending of it I can't seem to form any coherent sentences right now.
OMG i loved this book.
At first I was thinking it's not as good as the first one but then as I read more it just kept getting better and better and I loved it just as much as the first, maybe a little more.

Katniss and Peeta have to prove their love to one another to satisfy the Capital and soon enough find themselves thrown back into the hunger games.

I felt sooooo much while reading this book. I was purely heartbroken in times and I was just so shocked by the end of the book.
When Katniss and Peeta got put back into the games i was shocked and was like nooooo, haven't they been through enough already?
After I got to that part I actually couldn't stop reading, I was in total suspense and couldn't put the book down until I had finished because if I did I just couldn't stop thinking about what was going to happen.

As much as I was heartbroken that they had to go through the games again, I actually really likes the twist and the meeting new characters, I reli love Finnick and all the way through the second half of the book i was praying that Katniss wouldn't have to kill him and was so glad that she didn't.

********SPOILERS*******

I was actually heartbroken that they killed Cinna. Cinna was my favourite character in the books, I loved him he was such a rock to Katniss and was just an incredible friend to her. I actually had to stop reading because I was crying so much.
I was so shocked to find out that they were all working together to defy the Capital and I was on the verge of tears when Gale told Katniss that there was no longer a District 12.

I cannot wait to start the next book and the moment I finished reading this one, I went to my bookshelf and got the next one out ready coz there is no way I cannot read mockingjay straight away. I am so glad I had already bought it because it would have been torturous to have to wait for it.