KBooks

Vanish (Firelight Trilogy) - Sophie Jordan

An impossible romance.
Bitter rivalries.
Deadly choices.

To save the life of the boy she loves, Jacinda did the unthinkable: She betrayed the most closely-guarded secret of her kind. Now she must return to the protection of her pride knowing she might never see Will again—and worse, that because his mind has been shaded, Will’s memories of that fateful night and why she had to flee are gone.

Back home, Jacinda is greeted with hostility and must work to prove her loyalty for both her sake and her family’s. Among the few who will even talk to her are Cassian, the pride’s heir apparent who has always wanted her, and her sister, Tamra, who has been forever changed by a twist of fate. Jacinda knows that she should forget Will and move on—that if he managed to remember and keep his promise to find her, it would only endanger them both. Yet she clings to the hope that someday they will be together again. When the chance arrives to follow her heart, will she risk everything for love?

Wow, I don't really know what to say about this book. I really liked it and it's fair to say that I love this series. I have never read a series about Dragons before so I find this series really original and I love the storyline.

Jacinda is back with her pride and she has to try to make them trust her again. But how can she move on like normal back into pride life when she left her heart, and Will, behind. Will she be able to forget the love that she found with Will and get back into normal every-day pride life? Or will their love conquer all?

I really like this series and Sophie Jordan does a fantastic job writing this series. I really love her writing style and it completely captured my attention and drew me back into this amazing story. I could not put this book down. Vanish starts right where Firelight left off so you don't have that feeling that you've missed anything between the end of Book 1 and the start of book 2 as you sometimes get in series. I loved that there was a lot more action in this one. It was very fast-paced and action-packed and I had a hard time putting the book down. I just wanted to keep reading and see what was going to happen.

One of the things I loved about this book was that you got to see more of some of the smaller characters from book 1. Tamra really comes into her own in this book and I loved seeing hers and Jacinda's relationship starts to mend. I really like Tamra, I felt really sorry for her in book 1 and the more I read of her the more I really liked her. She irritated me a little at times but when you look at the story from her point of view you can understand why she acts that way that she does.

One of the other characters you see more of is Cassian. I really didn't like him in the first book but his appearence in that book was very minimal. I never imagined I would end up loving him as much as I did. I really like him, I think he's so sweet and that he really does love Jacinda. I felt really sorry for him because as much as I love him it's obvious that Jacinda is never going to feel about him the way she feels for Will and it made me really sad about it.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I thought it was a really good follow-up to Firelight. Jacinda annoyed me little with her behaviour and how she kept bouncing between Will and Cassian all the time but it didn't really bother me all that much. I love the writing style and I love the storyline that I just love this series and I love that the heroine is such a strong character and has this kick-ass power as a really powerful Draki. I can't wait for the third and final book in this series to see how everything ends.