KBooks

Firelight - Sophie Jordan

A hidden truth.
Mortal enemies.
Doomed love.

Marked as special at an early age, Jacinda knows her every move is watched. But she longs for freedom to make her own choices. When she breaks the most sacred tenet among her kind, she nearly pays with her life. Until a beautiful stranger saves her. A stranger who was sent to hunt those like her. For Jacinda is a draki—a descendant of dragons whose greatest defense is her secret ability to shift into human form.
Forced to flee into the mortal world with her family, Jacinda struggles to adapt to her new surroundings. The only bright light is Will. Gorgeous, elusive Will who stirs her inner draki to life. Although she is irresistibly drawn to him, Jacinda knows Will's dark secret: He and his family are hunters. She should avoid him at all costs. But her inner draki is slowly slipping away—if it dies she will be left as a human forever. She'll do anything to prevent that. Even if it means getting closer to her most dangerous enemy.
Mythical powers and breathtaking romance ignite in this story of a girl who defies all expectations and whose love crosses an ancient divide.

When I first heard about this book I instantly wanted to read it. It sounded like an amazing love story and it was about dragons. I was really intrigued as I have never read a book about dragons before.
I really loved this book. It is just incredible. I was hooked to the story within the first chapter. What an opening to a book. It was just amazing, fast paced and had me hanging on at the end of the chapter desperate to know what was going to happen next.

Jacinda, is a powerful Draki, descendent of dragons. She has always know she was special, the only fire-breather in generations. However she doesn't count on how dangerous her pack, her family can be to her and what lengths they may take to control her.
Her mother escaped the pack with her and her sister in the middle of the night and Jacinda finds herself in a desert like climate town, where her Draki may die. Her mother doesn't understand that killing her Draki is like killing a part of her soul.
Then she meets Will, the only person who can possibly keep Jacinda's Draki alive but she may be in grave danger.
There love is forbidden. A Draki and a Draki hunter. Will their love cost her her life or save it?

This is 100% my kind of book. A pair of supernatural starcrossed lovers. What more could I want? I was sucked into the story and lived and breathed every moment along with Jacinda.
I love Jacinda, she is an incredible lead character, I love how no matter what her family said or did she listened to her heart and followed that instead. I hated that her mother was trying to kill of Jacinda's Draki without even caring what damage it might do to Jacinda to do that.
Will, oh where to start? Will is one of those characters that you can't help but fall for. He is amazing. I knew it was dangerous for him and Jacinda to be together and knew it made sense for her to push him away and keep her distance but I could help feeling a little exasperated and thinking just get together already. The more I read about Will the more I loved him. He's just amazing.

The ending of the book really shocked me. I was left reeling and I couldn't even speak. I felt completely heartbroken and was almost in tears at the events in those last couple of chapters. I loved that Jacinda didn't care what happened to her as long as she could protect Will and the same thing with Will. It shows how strong their love for each other actually is. I was completely heartbroken and was definitely not expecting that ending but it was an incredible ending and it is a very clever move for the author. I was left thinking OMG i need the next book now! I will definitely be reading book 2 and I can't wait to find out what happens next.
I am looking forward to seeing what consequences Jacinda will find for her actions and what Will will do to keep his promise to her.

A mind-blowing, phenomenal start to a series and I loved every moment.