KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Six Moon Summer (Seasons of the Moon #1)

Six Moon Summer  - S.M. Reine

Rylie's been bitten.
She's changing.

And now she has three months to find a cure before becoming a werewolf... forever. Rylie's parents force her to attend summer camp, but she's just as miserable at the girls' camp as she was at home-- there's nothing vegetarian for her to eat at the mess hall, she hates hiking and archery, and the other campers taunt Rylie mercilessly. One night, the bullying goes too far, and Rylie runs away. She doesn't get far. It's a full moon, and she isn't alone in the forest.

She wakes up unharmed in her cabin the next morning with no memory of what happened. The only sign something has changed are the healed scars on her chest, her increasingly keen senses, and her sudden craving for raw, bloody meat.

A boy from the other camp seems to know what's happening to her, but Rylie isn't sure if she can trust herself with Seth. He's way too cute and he knows way too much.

Rylie soon learns that she only has until the end of summer before she becomes just like the monster that attacked her: a man-eating werewolf hungry for human flesh. Unless she can find a cure, she's going to transforming at the end of the summer and lose her life to the hunger.

I really enjoyed this book.
I was completely hooked right from the beginning. I read the short prologue and found myself going oh my god i need to know what's going to happen and how Riley got to this situation.
Riley is enrolled at summer camp while her parents are going through a divorce. She doesn't quite fit in and while there is attacked in the forest by a big furry predator. After this she meets Seth, a gorgeous and mysterious stranger who seems to know a lot more than he should about what she is going through. Riley has to come to terms with the fact that she is going to become a werewolf, something that she never imagined could actually exist, surely they are just the things is stories. She also has to deal with her growing feelings for Seth, feelings he doesn't seem to reciprocate.

I really loved that fact that this book kept me guessing all the way through, usually when I'm reading I can guess what's going to happen but with this book I had no idea what was going to happen, which kept me hooked even more.
I loved Seth and all I wanted was for him and Riley to be together. I was really shocked at many things throughout the book, most of all Seth. I loved Seth and I think finding out his secrets is really made me love him more. I really can't wait to read the second book in the series and see what happens with Riley and Seth.
The only thing I didn't like about the book is the ending. I really wanted Seth to stay with Riley and help her with everything she was going through. I was really upset when Seth left but I have big hopes that he and Riley will be brought back together in the next book. This is a really good story and I would recommend it to anybody who loves a great paranormal story.