KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Chain Reaction (Perfect Chemistry #3)

Chain Reaction  - Simone Elkeles

Luis Fuentes has always been sheltered from the gang violence that nearly destroyed his brothers’ lives. But that didn’t stop him from taking risks—whether he’s scaling a mountain in the Rockies or dreaming of a future as an astronaut, Luis can’t stop looking for the next thrill.

Nikki Cruz lives her life by three rules—boys lie to get their way, don’t trust a boy who says “I love you,” and never date a boy from the south side of Fairfield. Her parents may be from Mexico, but as a doctor’s daughter, she has more in common with her north-side neighbors than the Latino Blood at her school. Then she meets Luis at Alex’s wedding, and suddenly, she’s tempted to break all her rules.

Getting Nikki to take a chance on a southsider is Luis’s biggest challenge, until he finds himself targeted by Chuy Soto, the new head of the Latino Blood. When Chuy reveals a disturbing secret about Luis’s family, the youngest Fuentes finds himself questioning everything he’s ever believed to be true. Will his feelings for Nikki be enough to stop Luis from entering a dark and violent world and permanently living on the edge?

I was really excited to start Chain Reaction as I loved the first 2 books in this series so much but at the same time I was a little reluctant. I had heard that this one wasn't as good as the first 2 and that it was a let down and I love this series so much I really didn't want to be let down by it. I really don't know what those people were thinking. I was not let down at all. I loved Chain Reaction and read it in 1 day as I did with the others.

Luis, the youngest Fuentes brother has always been the one with high hopes and big dreams for his future. He has never been interested in gang activity like his older brothers but when his family is threatened he will do anything to protect them even if it means that he has to throw away his life and his dreams in the process.
Nikki has had her heartbroken, she doesn't trust guys and never wants to fall in love. Then she meets Luis and can't deny the chemistry between them. She swears she will never be involved with someone in a gang but she can't deny she is falling for Luis. Will Luis be able to protect his family and find a way to be with Nikki and will Nikki listen to her heard or her heart?

I absolutely loved this book. True the storyline was very similar to those of the previous books. Every one of the Fuentes brothers have ended up being involved in gangs because of necessity not because of choice, but each is different and I love seeing their relationships develop with the girls. I love how you still get to see what happens to the characters from the two previous books.
I can't praise these books enough I love them, I love the characters and I will re-read these books again and again. They are the first young-adult chic lit/contemporary romance books that I have loved and I can't wait to read more. I love Simone Elkeles writing and her stories are incredible so I can't wait to read more books of hers.
The first book in this series will always be my favourite but I am in no way disappointed with any of the others. I thought they were both incredible and I loved all of them.

I am so happy by the ending but I'm so sad to see this series come to a close. I really hope that Simone writes books about the brothers children as I would love to read that.
Another great book by Simone and I can't wait to read her other books.