KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Rules of Attraction (Perfect Chemistry #2)

Rules of Attraction - Simone Elkeles

When Carlos Fuentes returns to America after living in Mexico for a year, he doesn’t want any part of the life his older brother, Alex, has laid out for him at a high school in Colorado . Carlos likes living his life on the edge and wants to carve his own path—just like Alex did. Then he meets Kiara Westford. She doesn’t talk much and is completely intimidated by Carlos’ wild ways. As they get to know one another, Carlos assumes Kiara thinks she’s too good for him, and refuses to admit that she might be getting to him. But he soon realizes that being himself is exactly what Kiara needs right now.

After finishing the first in the Perfect Chemistry series yesterday I couldn't wait to read book 2. This series is extremely addictive and although the storyline of Rules of Attraction is kind of similar to that of Perfect Chemistry you still love it.

Carlos is forced to move from Mexico to America to live with his older brother Alex. He doesn't want to be here and finds himself in heaps of trouble. Moving in with a psychologist and his family Alex swears to himself to get out at soon as possible and away from the psychologist's daughter Kiara. What he doesn't count on is falling for her. Can he get himself out of trouble to be with her or is he in too deep to escape.

I really loved this book. It's such a great storyline and Simone Elkeles is amazing at writing characters that you become addicted to. I love every character in this book. Carlos is the typical bad boy who finds himself involves with a gang and wants to escape. Kiara is the typical goody-two-shoes student who never does anything wrong. Except for fall for Carlos. Together they are the perfect literary couple who want to be together but things get in the way.
It is a typical teenage romance story but I love it. The storyline was kind of predictable and very similar to the first one. In both of the books the guy has been involved in a gang and push away the ones they love in order to protect them. The girl has also been the one to change them and eventually save them as well. No matter how similar they were you still cannot get bored with the storyline as the characters are different and things happen under different circumstances so even though they are similar they are also different enough that keep you engaged and in love with the story.

I did enjoy the first book a little better maybe because I didn't know what to expect and loved finding out what was going to happen. By the ending of the first book I could pretty much guess what was going to happen in the end of this. I still loved the story and found myself in love with the new characters.
I can't wait to read the third book in the series and find out what kind of trouble Luis gets into but I do have a feeling that the story will be pretty similar to Perfect Chemistry and Rules of Attraction.
I love this series and can't wait to see how it ends.