KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry #1)

Perfect Chemistry  - Simone Elkeles

A fresh, urban twist on the classic tale of star-crossed lovers.
When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created “perfect” life is about to unravel before her eyes. She’s forced to be lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she's worked so hard for—her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect. Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more.
In a passionate story about looking beneath the surface, Simone Elkeles breaks through the stereotypes and barriers that threaten to keep Brittany and Alex apart.

As soon as I heard of this book I instantly wanted to read it. I am a sucker for a bad boy so a love story about perfect popular princess and the boy from the wrong side of the tracks I thought this is perfect.
I was not wrong. I loved this book it was such a perfect love story and I was hooked from the first page to the last.

Brittany is the most perfect girl in school and everyone thinks she has the perfect life. They couldn't be more wrong, she has family trouble like everyone else so she tries to keep the facade that everything is perfect.
Alex is the troubles latino boy who is involved in a dangerous gang in order to protect his family. His future has already been decided for him.
When Brittany and Alex are partnered together in chemistry sparks begin to fly but can they be together when everyone else is trying to tear them apart?

I loved this book much more than I thought I would. When I started the book I really didn't think I would like Brittany very much. The first couple of sentences made her slightly dislikable straight away.
"Everyone knows I'm perfect. My life is perfect. My clothes are perfect. Even my family is perfect." That instantly made me think she's gonna be a complete snob who looks down her nose at everyone but I was totally wrong and I really did like her. I really felt for her and found myself on the verge of tears many times with how she was feeling regarding her family.

I love Alex. How could I not. He is the ultimate bad boy who is desperate to get his life straightened out but can't. I fell head over heels for him. He is just a perfect character and one of the characters that every girl will fall for. He acted like a jerk most of the time where in any other book I would be like, ugh I hate him now for acting like that. Not in this book no matter how many times he acted like an ass I couldn't help but still love him. You could tell he didn't mean it, he was doing it to protect the people he loves.

I really love that you got the perspective of both Alex and Brittany and it changed between chapters. I don't know if I would have loved Alex quite as much if the whole book was from Brittany's point of view. I loved seeing two different points of view and I think it was the perfect thing for this book. You got to see the difference in Alex and Brittany's life but also how even though they were completely different, they were similar and dealt with very similar things.

Perfect Chemistry is a perfect love story and I loved every moment of it. I can't wait to read book 2 in this series but I am unsure whether I will like it quite as much as this one. An unmissable series.