KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Amaretto Flame (Eagleton Coven #1)

Amaretto Flame (Eagleton Coven) - Sammie Spencer

Olivia has spent her life learning about her enemies, the deadly Venator - including how to kill them. What she knows nothing about is whiskey, playing poker, or rugged, copper-haired musicians. As punishment for a small 'crime,' Olivia is sent to a safe house in a human town and forced to live as one of them for a summer. There, she meets the charming Jackson Vance, and her real education begins. She soon discovers that she's being hunted, and figuring out why means she uncovers a secret that threatens to end everything she's ever fought for.

Oh. My. God
Those are the words that come to mind when i think of this book. I cannot praise it enough it was just amazing. If i could give this book more than 5 stars i would. I would give it 100 stars because it was just incredible and i loved every moment of it.
The story follows Olivia, a good witch whose coven is in the middle of a war with the bad witches, Venator. Olivia finds herself outcast from the rest of her coven as she is forced to live among humans. While doing this she meets Jackson, a musician with eyes the colour of amaretto. There is a clear spark between them instantly and Olivia doesn't understand why.

I loved this book. At the start of it i thought this was a good book with a good story and then one event happened which made me go its not a good book, its an amazing book. I was hooked and it completely took over my life, i didn't want to do anything until i had finished the book. The narrative technique used was amazing as i felt every emotion that Olivia was feeling right the way through the book and by the end of the book I was in tears as how amazing it all turned out. I was so excited when i found out that there will be more books coming and I cannot wait to find out what will happen next with these characters. I fell for the characters so much, I lived through Olivia, and felt the hostility between her and her coven members when she got cast out. I wanted to jump into the book and scream at them. I instantly fell in love with Jackson and as Olivia spent more and more time with him I fell for him more. I loved every moment of this book and I could read it again and again. I am already so attached to these characters and i don't usually become attached to characters in series this much. I am so excited to see where the story goes from here.

An amazing debut novel and Sammie is definitely an author to watch out for.