KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

The Oil Tycoon and her Sexy Shiekh

The Oil Tycoon and Her Sexy Sheikh - Ros Clarke

His duty, her dreams, undone by their desire...

In the male-dominated oil industry, executive Olivia McInnes plays a careful game - she's cold, uncompromising, and ambitious as hell. Once she seals the deal to drill in the clear waters of Saqat, she'll finally prove herself worthy to take the reins of her father's oil company. Her only obstacle is marine biologist - and Saqat's royal heir - Sheikh Khaled Ibm Saqat al Mayim, who's determined to protect both his people and his country from environmental devastation...

It's not long before Olivia's icy cool exterior is shattered by the intelligent and wickedly hot sheikh, and business is surpassed by sweet, stolen pleasures. But outside the bedroom, there's reality to be faced. Soon Khaled must return to his obligations - and his betrothed - in Saqat.

Caught between duty and ambition, can an oil tycoon and a sexy sheikh find room for love... or will this business deal spell disaster for them both?

"I'd already chosen you, Livvy. Only you."

What a great contemporary romance novel this is. I really enjoyed this one. I instantly wanted to read this as soon as I heard about it. I read Ros' other book, the short but great Table For One so when I heard about this one I couldn't wait to read it. It did not disappoint I was completely sucked into the story right from the start and loved every page of it.

Olivia does everything she possibly can to show her Dad that she can take over the family business fine so when she gets her shot... to convince the incredibly swoon-worthy marine biologist Khaled she thinks she has no problem. What she didn't count on was falling for him and being more concerned about what is best for him and his country than her own career. Will she follow her head, that's telling her to step away and seal the deal for business or her heart?

I loved this book. It was great. I was completely sucked in from the start. Ros Clarke is amazing at really drawing the reader in right from the first page so you cannot do anything but read until you have devoured the whole book and that is what I love about her books. She is such a fantastic contemporary author and her writing will have you on the edge of your seat dying to know what is going to happen with these fantastic characters that she has created.
Olivia is definitely my kinda girl. I love her. She's head-strong and stubborn and makes sure she shows how much she can achieve on her own. I really loved that she was in a male-dominated career and showed that a woman could do the job just as well as any man. I loved that. I had my whole *girl-power* thought going on throughout this book. So your thinking she's head-strong and powerful... so she doesn't grow throughout the book. You are wrong! She may be very successful but she still has a lot of lessons about life. She doesn't know how to love and she grows so much by falling for Khaled. She learns that there are things more important that business and your success at your job. I loved that and made me really feel like there was a great message to get across in this book.
Khaled *swoon*. Right from the very first time we met him I was head over heels in lust... er... I mean love. He is very yummy and the sweetest guy ever as well. He has a lot of responsibility and had yet to learn that it is okay for some things to come first and it's okay to find happiness as well as do what is right. The main thing I loved about this book is that both of the characters are already great strong-willed, successful characters yet they still both grow a lot throughout the book. Not a lot of books have that. A lot of books some of the characters are heavily reliant on other characters to get by but grow into their own person by the end. In this book they are already their own strong person they just grew even more to become a better person and that to me is such a fantastic thing to read about.
If you are a fan of romance and contemporary books then this is a must-read for you. I really loved every second of it and thought it was fantastic. I am such a hopeless romantic and devoured this book. It had me laughing one minute and freaking out and heartbroken thinking that things weren't going to work out the next. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone.

"I don't know what I ever did to deserve you, but I know that you are the best thing that has ever happened to me."