KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Table for One

Table for One - Ros Clarke

When food critic Claudia Thomas gets dumped on Valentine’s Day, she finds herself occupying a table for one at London’s hottest new restaurant. If her job wasn’t on the line, she’d skip the whole affair, but her editor’s waiting for a review—and with luck, an interview with sexy chef Ward Nicholls.

Ward, intrigued by the single woman in a restaurant full of couples, sets out to tease her palate. Claudia has never tasted anything so luscious as the special meal Ward prepares for her, but when the seduction moves from the restaurant to his bedroom, Claudia discovers the only thing more tempting than his food is the chef himself.

Their connection is instantaneous, sizzling, and spicy—until Claudia comes clean about her job, reopening a wound Ward had thought long-healed. Could one accidental lie of omission end a delicious relationship before it even has a chance to start?

This is the third short contemporary romance novells I have read for Entangled Publishing and I don't think I could ever get bored of them. Maybe it's the hopeless romantic in me but man did I enjoy this book. It involved all my favourite things, romance, a hot guy and food. Seriously could you get anything better in this story? I think not.

Claudia is disappointed when her boyfriend breaks up with her on Valentine's Day. Heartbroken? No, but disappointed? Yes. It means she has to go to her dinner reservation by herself. But when she feasts her eyes upon the super hot chef cooking for her all that disappears. Ward always knows what to cook for people and when he sees Claudia in his restaurant alone he knows just what to cook for her to seduce her. But will their relationship be sweet, or will his seduction food turn a little bit too sour?

I really enjoyed this novella. Considering how short it is, it took me around half an hour to read, I really fell in love with the story and the characters. Yet again with all romance books when I could see things going a little south I wanted to reach into the book and rearrange the characters so that everything happened the way I wanted it to. Yes, I know I couldn't do that. So what did I do? I refused to put the book, well kindle down until I had finished the book and boy was I glad. The more I read the more I enjoyed it and I so with that it was just a little bit longer so I could read more about the amazing Ward. I definitely fell in love with him. He can cook for me any day. I might get very fat but never mind, he would so be worth it! I really wish it had gone on a little longer so that I could find out more about the characters and I would love to see what happened to their relationship after it had ended.

All in all I think this is a great story and I can't wait to read more from this new talented author. A great, quick, easy read that I could read again and again and still end up swooning a few times, and making me very hungry as well. A great story for a hopeless romantic like me.