KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Shadow Bound (Unbound #2)

Rachel Vincent Unbound 2 Books Collection Pack Set RRP: £15.98 (Blood Bound, Shadow Bound) - Rachel Vincent

If you live in the dark long enough, you begin to forget the light…

KORI DANIELS is a shadow-walker, able to travel instantly from one shadow to another. After weeks of confinement for betraying her boss, she’s ready to break free of the Tower syndicate for good. But Jake Tower has one final job for Kori, one chance to secure freedom for herself and her sister, Kenley, even if that means taking it from someone else…

The job? Recruit Ian Holt—or kill him.

Ian’s ability to manipulate the dark has drawn interest from every syndicate in the world, most notably an invitation from Jake Tower. Though he has no interest in organized crime, Ian accepts the invite, because he’s on a mission of his own. Ian has come to kill Tower’s top Binder: Kori’s little sister.

Amid the tangle of lies, an unexpected thread of truth connecting Ian and Kori comes to light. But with opposing goals, they’ll have to choose between love and liberty…

"We all have secrets. We all have problems. Part of the process is figuring those things out. One at a time."

Wow. I don't even know where to start with this review because this book was just incredible. All I can think to say it, it's amazing. Go read it NOW! Blood Bound, the first book in this series, was the first book by Rachel Vincent that I ever read and I absolutely loved it. It definitely made me a fan and since reading that book I haven't been able to wait for Shadow Bound. I was so excited when I got this for review and let's just say I was in no way disappointed with this book.

Kori is in big trouble with her boss. While on guard she managed to let him get shot and now she is being punished for it. In order to redeem herself she needs to recruit Ian. But Ian has ulterior motives. He is there for one purpose only to save his brother by killing Tower's Binder Kenley. But Kenley is the one person Kori will do to anything to protect. When Kori and Ian meet they have no control over the connection that forms between them. Can Kori really make Ian sign into a syndicate she despises being a part of herslef? And can Ian really betray Kori when he knows she would never forgive him?

If I'm honest when I found out that this book was about Kori I was a little disheartened. Don't get me wrong I loved what we saw of Kori in Blood Bound and I was intrigued as to what happened to her but I loved the first book being told Liv and Cam's story so much I kind of wished that it was continuing their story. I no longer feel this way after finishing Shadow Bound because this book was phenomenal. I think I may have loved it even more than Blood Bound, which I did not think was even possible. This story was fast-paced and addictive and I just couldn't stop reading. Whenever I needed to do something, I kept telling myself just one more chapter. Then that chapter would turn into 5. I was so hooked I couldn't put it down.

I loved seeing Kori's perspective of things and she is one of the best female leads in a book I have ever read. I love her. She's strong, foul-mouthed, drinks a hell of a lot and will do anything to protect the ones she loves. She has been through so much hell in her life and no matter who or what knocks her down she will get straight back up fighting and I loved that about her. You really sympathise with Kori and I just wanted to give her a hug after all she'd been through but she's have probably punched me and threw me across the room. I just love her, she is such an inspirational strong-willed character that anyone would want to be like.

Ian, *sigh*. I love him. I thought Cam was the best book boyfriend but I think I love Ian even more. He's so sweet and the complete opposite of all the other characters we have seen so far in this series, Kori, Liv and Cam. He is alike Kori in the ways that he will do whatever it takes to save his family. Even if it means killing. But when he gets to know Kori and know what she's been through you see the extent of his hero-ism by how much he really wants to protect her and kill everyone who caused her any harm.

One of the things I really love about this series is that you get to see the perspective of both charaters. You have alternate chapters from their points of view and I really love books that use this as I feel like you get closer to both of the main characters, not just one of them. I loved that you got to see inside both Kori and Ian's head and I think that just made me love the characters and love this book even more.

Rachel has once again blew me away with this world and I was so hooked to the book I couldn't put it down. I think that shows just how much of an amazing author she truly is and I will read every single one of her books. No matter what they are about I will read them because she is truly amazing.
I can't wait to read the third book in this series and I am now sat wondering who it will be about. Following Kori and Ian? Liv and Cam? All four of them? Someone new? So many questions going around in my head and I can't wait to find out the answers. But either way one thing is for certain, I will be reading it as soon as I can get my hands on it.

"I hadn't realised how empty my life was, so far from everyone I'd ever loved - until I met her."