KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Blood Bound (Unbound #1)

Blood Bound (An Unbound Novel) - Rachel Vincent

By blood, by word, by magic…

Most can't touch the power. But Liv Warren is special— a paranormal tracker who follows the scent of blood.
Liv makes her own rules, and the most important one is trust no one.
But when her friend's daughter goes missing, Liv has no choice but to find the girl. Thanks to a childhood oath, Liv can't rest until the child is home safe. But that means trusting Cam Caballero, the former lover forbidden to her.
Bound by oath and lost in desire for a man she cannot have, Liv is racing to save the child from a dark criminal underworld where secrets, lies, trauma and danger lurk around every corner…every touch…every kiss.
And more blood will be spilled before it's over…

It's really hard to put my thoughts on this book into words. I recently read my first adult urban fantasy series and really loved this so when Mel offered to send me the ARC of this that she won I jumped at the chance.
I have Rachel Vincent's other series on my shelf but haven't read anything by her before so I didn't really know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprise and think her writing is amazing. I was completely sucked into the story straight away and couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen next with the characters.

Liv is one of the skilled, a very powerful blood tracker. When her childhood friend's daughter goes missing Liv can't do anything else but help find her. Even if that means working with her ex Cam, the person she loves more than anybody in the world but also the one person she cannot have. What she doesn't know is that Cam has ulterior motives. Liv left him long ago with no answers as to why and he wants to find out, no matter what the cost.

I think this book was just amazing. I really love Liv, she is such a strong lead character who will do anything to protect the ones she loves even if it means sacrificing herself. I think she's amazing. She is ruled by her emotions but that doesn't hinder her at all. She is so strong and will fight back no matter what the cost.
Cam, all I can say is Oh. My. God. I instantly fell for Cam, he is just an incredible character. He is definitely the bad boy of the book and is so strong, emotionally and physically and will also do anything to protect the ones he loves. Although he is the bad boy of the book you also see a vulnerable side to him and just want to hug him and tell him everything will be okay.

I felt so many emotions while reading this book. I was sad as times and then happy. Then I would be irritated at some things that happened and the pointless little arguments the characters get into but I loved every second of it. It is definitely an emotional rollercoaster and as the book began drawing to a close I just found myself going oh my god what's going to happen.
The ending was such a great ending for a first book in a series. It wasn't a really big cliffhanger so that you are left hanging thinking how am I possibly supposed to wait to find out what happens but it does leave you wanting to read the next book as soon as it is released.

I can't wait to read more of this trilogy. Rachel Vincent does an amazing job of drawing in your attantion and keeping your attention so focussed you can't possibly stop reading and really don't notice how much you have read. It's a definite page turner right until the last page. This has definitely got me motivated to read her other series. Definitely one of my favourite authors now and I really want to read more adult urban fantasy books.
I loved every moment of it and can't wait to read more of Liv and Cam's story.