KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Soul Screamer's Vol 1

Soul Screamers Volume One: My Soul to LoseMy Soul to TakeMy Soul to Save (Harlequin Teen) - Rachel Vincent

My Soul to Lose (Soul Screamers #0.5):

It was supposed to be a fun day, shopping at the mall with her best friend. Then the panic attack started and Kaylee Cavanaugh finds herself screaming, unable to stop. Her secret fears are exposed and it's the worst day of her life.

Until she wakes up in the psychiatric unit.

She tries to convince everyone she's fine--despite the shadows she sees forming around another patient and the urge to scream which comes burbling up again and again. Everyone thinks she's crazy. Everyone except Lydia, that is. Another patient with some special abilities....

"An eBook exclusive prequel to Rachel Vincent's SOUL SCREAMERS series."

After having this series for a long time I finally decided to pick it up and start it. I did read the first book in this series, My Soul to Take, last year but never got around to reading the others so decided to start it again from the prequel.

Kaylee is having a normal day shopping at the Mall with her best friend Emma. But then she feels the dreaded feeling that causes her to scream uncontrollably. Waking up in a mental hospital, Kaylee knows that she is not crazy. But can she convince them and get out of the mental hospital before the need to scream comes again?

I was actually really surprised how much I loved this prequel. This is without a doubt one of the best short prequels I've ever read. I was instantly drawn into the storyline of this series and couldn't put it down as I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen.

I instantly sympathised with Kaylee. I really felt for her. I can't imagine knowing you are not mentall ill but still being kept in a mental hospital with everybody convinced you are crazy. I really felt for her and I just felt sad for her all the way through the prequel and really didn't want to stop reading until everything was straighted out.

This is a fantastic prequel to what's looking up to be a fantastic series. I can't wait to re-read My Soul to Take and to read the rest of this series.

My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers #1):

She doesn't see dead people, but…

She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.
Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next…

I had this book sat on my bookshelf for a while before finally picking it up. After reading the first book in Rachel Vincent's adult urban fantasy series, Blood Bound, I instantly wanted to read her other series so I finally picked up this one.

I loved this book, I thought it was amazing. I always enjoy original storylines and I thought the storyline of this book is definitely original and not something I have read before. I loved that we got to see the characters grow a lot in this book.
Kaylee, I think she's a great character (duh, she shares my name ;p ) I thought you saw her grow a lot, she went from carefree teenager to a very strong lead character. We felt all her confusion and surprise as she slowly came to terms with her powers and discovered what she actually was. I was so surprised to find out what she actually is.
I love Nash, he's definitely the male character that I fell in love with in this series. I loved how sweet he was to Kaylee and really supported her throughout the entire book. Everything she was confused or upset about and he was there for her and when all the drama started to unfold not once did he think of leaving and letting her sort it out herself and I really loved that about him.

I really loved the story and the characters in this book and I can't wait to see what happens in this series.
I'll definitely be reading the rest of the series.
Yet another amazing story by Rachel Vincent

My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers #2):

When Kaylee Cavanaugh screams, someone dies.

So when teen pop star Eden croaks onstage and Kaylee doesn’t wail, she knows something is dead wrong. She can’t cry for someone who has no soul.

The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad’s ironclad curfew and putting her too-hot-to-be-real boyfriend’s loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls: a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld—a consequence they can’t possibly understand.

Kaylee can’t let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk...

The Soul Screamers series is fast becoming a favourite series of mine. I haven't read a series about Banshees or Reapers before so this is a very original concept for me and I am really loving this series.

Kaylee can't believe she's dating Nash. The gorgeous guy that any girl would want, But he chose her. While on one of their dates to a concert when the singer dies on stage and it doesn't affect Kaylee at all they know something is wrong. What they don't count on is the dangerous journey that follows to help save someone's soul. But will they be able to help save their soul without risking their own?

I really enjoyed this book. It's fast-paced and I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen. Rachel Vincent is an author that can completely suck you in from the start of the book and have you wanting to read the whole book in one sitting. In each book I have read by Rachel I have just wanted to sit all day and read because I couldn't stop reading and I desperately needed to know what was going to happen. Rachel is definitely becoming one of my favourite authors. As a fan of her adult Unbound series I was unsure how much I would enjoy her young-adult series. I love it. It's amazing. It's just as brilliant, both written and plot-wise as her adult series. If you are a fan of her other adult series I would definitely suggest this YA series as well.

Kaylee is such a fantastic character (and not just because she has an awesome name). She is strong-willed and would put her own life at risk if it means she can help someone else. She is so selfless and I really like that about her. There is not a lot of characters in YA fiction that will put themselves in danger to save others lives but Kaylee will do just that. She is so strong and even when she is afraid and in over her head she won't show it because she wants to do what is best and what it right.

Now I am so torn between the two amazing boys in this series. Nash is amazing. He is sweet and I am totally in love with him. He is the guy that every girl will wish was real because he is amazing, supportive and protective. I love him. BUT then there's Tod, the smart-ass Reaper, and Nash's brother. He has Nash's charm, add to that his smart-ass comments I love him. A lot of Tod's comments reminded me a lot of Daemon in Jennifer L Armentrout's Lux series and I think everyone knows how much a fan of Daemon I am. Truth is I love both of these guys for different reasons and right now I am all for Kaylee choosing both of them.

As much as I loved this book I personally liked the first one better. The story of this one was fantastic and I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen but I adored the first book, with the mystery of Kaylee finding out what she was. Nevertheless this is an amazing series and I can't wait to find out what's going to happen in the series