KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Chasing Daisy

Chasing Daisy - Paige Toon

If you fall too fast, you just might crash...
Daisy has been dumped, unceremoniously jilted. Not by any ordinary guy, no... Daisy has a secret in her past that she won't even tell her best friend, Holly. She's given up on men - and on her own family. But life still has to be lived and where better to recover than as far away from home as possible.
Grabbing a chance to see the world, Daisy packs her bags and joins the team catering to the world's highest-paid, supercharged racing drivers on the Formula 1 Grand Prix circuit. From Brazil to Italy, from Melbourne to Monte Carlo, life passes in a dizzying whirlwind. But nothing - and no one - can stop Daisy from falling again... this time for a man who is prepared to risk his life, and his heart, for the sake of speed, danger and ultimate success

"It's strange how the people you care about least, sometimes know you the best. You let your guard down with them because you don't mind that they see you, warts and all."

Chasing Daisy has been sat on my bookshelf for a few years and I just never got round to reading it. I am such a massive fan of chick-lit and I especially love reading chick-lit in the summer so I have dedicated this summer to catching up on Paige Toon books. Ever since reading Paige's debut novel, Lucy In The Sky, back in 2011 I fell head over heels in love with Paige Toon. She is just phenomenal and I couldn't wait to get my hands on more of her books. Chasing Daisy was no different. I fell in love with the characters and story and ended up finishing the book in one sitting. I loved every single second of it.

Daisy's heart has been broken many times. So after another disasterous relationship has ended she packs her bags and joins the catering team to the racing drivers of hte Formula 1 Grand Prix. Not only does she get to do what she loves, she also gets to fly around the world with them. What else could be better? But when Daisy catches the attentions of not one but two of the drivers disaster is bound to strike. Torn between two guys, both who live dangerous lives that could be cut short at any time, Daisy must decide whether falling in love again is worth the risk again, and who should she choose? One thing is for sure, not all three hearts in this Grand Prix are going to remain whole.

Daisy is such a fantastic character. I loved that she was the main character in this one. One thing I genuinelly adore about Paige Toon books is that the characters cross-over through pretty much all of her books. This is why I am adament that I must read them in order of publication date so I can see how they all inter-link together. We met Daisy in a previous book and I was dying to find out what has happened to her so for her to get her own book made me insanely happy. Daisy is such a fantastic character and I love her. She is so awesome and I really associated with her. She is the character that everyone will love and is rooting for. I just loved seeing her as the strong independent woman as well as seeing the more vulnerable side to her. She may have been travelling the world but the real journey was following Daisy's heart and I loved every moment of it.

Now as much as I loved both the guys in this book, they were both great but to me there is only one name worth mentioning... LUIS! Oh my Goodness I fell in love with Luis. He has me giggling to myself many times throughout the book and every scene he was in I was just sat with a big cheesy grin on my face while reading. I love him. He is incredible. He is the typical womanizer bad-boy turned good guy and what girl doesn't love those? Luis was incredible and I was always rooting for him right from the beginning.

Paige Toon is such a phenomenal author. Her writing style is just so easy to read and addictive. I find myself devouring Paige Toon books in one sitting. Once I start there is no hope for anything as I'm just going to sit there until I am done. I adore her books so much, they are addictive and I literally cannot put them down. They are definite one-sit reads no matter how thick the book is.

Chasing Daisy has everything. The glitz of a show-biz life, breath-taking romance and non-stop action. It's one of those books that just stays with you long after you finish reading it. I loved every moment of it and I will definitely be re-reading it at some point. Need more reasons to read it? You have the most incredible inspirational lead female protagonist and swoon worthy super hot boys. What else could you need? I loved every single moment of it.

Now... where's my next Paige Toon book?

"Life can be snatched away from you in an instant, but if you don't give yourself up to love, even with all the risks of losing it, life isn't worth living."