KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Release (Protector #3)

Release - M.R. Merrick

After uniting the shifters and calling in reinforcements, Chase has to face his toughest challenge yet: learning to control his emotions. But as tensions rise and his powers grow, controlling his emotions becomes the least of his problems.

Terrorized by a multi-shifter who is hell-bent on turning him, Chase questions just how far he’s willing to go to stop his father. Meanwhile, Tiki’s virtuous nature has placed him in the middle of Vincent’s past, leaving Chase to oppose a senate of vampires and defend a demon he hates.

Trying to balance his friends, his enemies, and his inner demons, Chase is left searching for answers about the Mark, his destiny, and where he can find the next soul piece. Stopping Riley is his top priority, but as more obstacles arise, he finds himself doubting all the decisions he’s made - especially regarding Rayna.

One thing is for certain: Chase has finally realized that he doesn’t know anything. The light doesn’t always quell the darkness, the monsters don’t always stay in the shadows, and the past doesn’t always stay in the past - sometimes, the demons inside are the hardest to fight

Wow. M.R Merrick is fast becoming one of my favourite authors of all time. Ever since I got the first book in this series, Exiled, I was completely obsessed with it. Shift was even better and I didn't know how Matthew was going to bear it... but he did. Release was an epic and phenomenal installment to one of my favourite paranormal/fantasy series. I was completely captured right from the first page and I couldn't stop reading until I had finished and found out what happened. It was just incredible.

Chase, Marcus, Rayna and the others are back and preparing for an apocalypse. Not only do they have the threat of The Circle that they have been battling against in the previous 2 books but now Chase's father is on the loose playing God and Chase and the others must stop him. Even if that means journying to the darkest dimensions to find a way. But will everyone make is out alive?

I am just so in love with this series. No words can describe just how good it is. The only way you will find that out is by picking up this incredible series and going on this magical journey yourself. Trust me you will not be disappointed. M.R Merrick is a phenomenal author. One of the best in the YA Paranormal/Fantasy genre in my opinion and I could just read his books again and again and be just as shocked, obsessed and enraptured as the first time I read them. M.R Merrick's writing style is addictive. He pulls you into this phenomenal world right at the start of the first page and he will not let you go until you are done left reeling and begging for more.

Release is without a doubt the best one in the series so far and I am dying for book 4 to find out what will happen next. M.R Merrick's characters are addictive and you just become so attached to them you have to keep reading to find out what happens to them and if anything bad happened you are left with your heart in a million pieces crying... yeah this is what Release did to me. M.R Merrick is a phenomenal writer but also a evil man at times.

If you want a phenomenal, epic, intense roller-coaster ride paranormal series to be consumed by and obsessed over look no furthur. The Protector series is a must-read. It will leave you breathless and begging for more. Release is an epic, intense and heartbreaking installment to the series that left me soul-crushed but it is awesome and one of the best books I have read this year. I need book 4... like right now!
So what are you waiting for? Go pick up this series right now! It's phenomenal.