KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Waking Up Married

Waking Up Married - Mira Lyn Kelly

Her first thought: "Who are you?"

It's the morning after her cousin's bachelorette party in Vegas and Megan Scott wakes up with the mother of all hangovers. Even worse, she's in a stranger's penthouse having woken up with something else as well - a funny, arrogant, sexy...husband!

Up until now, finding even a boyfriend had seemed impossible - been there, got the broken heart, sworn off men for good. Then a few martinis with Carter...no, Connor Reed and she's gone from first meet to marriage in one night!

Megan wants a lawyer. But Connor's shocking bombshell?

"I don't want a divorce."

"In a choice between breaking my vow to protect my wife and breaking my vow to protect your cousin's 'special day,' you can bet I'll be putting you first every time."

When I saw this book was on 'Read Now' on Netgalley I instantly knew I just had to download it onto my kindle to read. Just seeing that cover I knew that it would be something that I would enjoy. I am really into Contemporary Romance novels right now and this automatically screamed 'cute romance' to me. Just what I was looking for. And I was right. This is one of the cute romances that I just love to read. Call me a hopeless romantic but I just find these books so enjoyable and quick to read and Waking Up Married was no change.

Megan never does anything impulsive. She's never had a fling or a one-night-stand. She has a plan. She wants more than anything to be a mother. And hell knows she doesn't need a man to make that happen. But all her plans are thrown out the window when she meets the dashing Connor. He is charming and sexy as hell. But when Megan wakes up next to him, she doesn't even remember who he is. But her and Connor are married and what's more he doesn't want a divorce. Can Megan let go of her plan and find another one? Does she want to? And what if she has actually found the love she is supposed to be with?

Waking Up Married was such a cute book and I ended up reading it in one sitting. It wasn't the best written book in the world but that's okay. I'm not looking for the next bestseller that's gonna blow me away when I'm reading these kinds of books. I want a cute love story and a yummy piece of eye... well written-candy. And that's what I got.

The characters were okay-enough. I loved Connor. He was definitely one of those heros that you need to see past his troubles and the times when he can be an arrogant ass and manipulative. I saw that he really did grow to care for Megan and I loved that. Megan annoyed me a little more. She was just so indecisive. One minute she's all 'yeah let's have a go of the marriage' and the next she's all 'no I don't want you'. Even when it was damn obvious that yeah she was falling in love with Connor she still wouldn't admit it to herself and I ended up getting frustrated saying 'come on make your mind up already.'

Waking Up Married was a uber cute, quick read and I enjoyed it. It's one of those books that you've gotta be in the mood for. You've gotta want to have a quick romance read where you don't care if the characters are annoying you or the writing style isn't the best you've read. You just want to be swept up in the romance and I was. I really enjoyed Waking Up Married and I would definitely read it again if I just wanted a quick read that I could finish while on the train to work or something. It was cute, funny and romantic. Just what I love.

"I love you, Megan. I didn't think it was something I had in me, but that was because I'd never experienced it before I met you.'