KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Book of Enlightenment (Generations #1)

Generations: Book of Enlightenment - Mia Castile

Ellie Solomon has always been sort of a loner. Between her brother(who is the only family she has left) and a few friends (that are more his friends than hers) she lives a boring life. The one person she confides in is her Guardian Angel who visits her dreams. He is her best friend, too bad he's not real. When strange wolves with red eyes begin chasing her one evening, a mysterious boy and his dog saves her, catapulting her into the secret of Her parents fate and who she really is. Together, with her new friends she embarks on a journey that leads her to the destiny of her Generation.

When I first heard Mia was writing a paranormal series I instantly couldn't wait to read it. I read her short story The Ocean months ago for the blog tour of it and loved it. I fell in love with her writing and her characters so I couldn't wait to get my hands on her next piece of work. I have to say I never thought I would like this book more than The Ocean because I loved The Ocean so much and didn't think anything else could compare. I was so wrong. I think this is definitely better and I am super excited to see where this series goes from here.

Ellie has always just had her brother Gideon. After their parents died all they have is each other. The had to learn to survive just with each other. But then they are thrust into a world of magic that they didn't know existed. They are part of the Generations. A angel-like species who are mortal but have powers from the heavens and the gift of free-will. They must band together to defeat the evil Noctem, the creations of Lucifer. What Ellie doesn't expect is to meet her 'dream guy' the guy she has been dreaming about since before she could remember and thought was fictional. But he isn't. He is part of her Generations and she finds herself torn between 2 brother, both who love her and would do anything without her. Will she be able to fix her love life that before now has been non-existant as well as fight the evil Noctem who seem to have a special interest in her?

I absolutely adored this book. It was incredible and I love the world Mia has created. I love the idea of good vs evil mixed with Angels. It's very different from other Angel books I have read. They are not actually angels but a species similar and I think it's a very new and unique idea which I loved.
I love all the characters in this book. Ellie and Gideon are amazing. They have this unique bond, not only are they brother and sister but they are best friends and would do absolutely anything for the other. I absolutely love Ellie, she is such a great character, she is so strong and no matter what happens to her she won't back down. When she's faced with evil, even when she's afraid she won't show it. She is such a strong character and I love that.
I love Zeke, Zeke is such a great character and he is definitely the guy that every girl will fall in love with. He's sweet, loving and overprotective and will do anything to save the ones he loves. Contrast that with his younger brother Ben, the impulsive one who just wants to lay back and have fun but is forced to act older because of the responsibilities of the Generations. Both guys are great characters and I loved both of them.

This book had just the right balance between action/storyline and romance so it is definitely the perfect book for me. I loved every moment of it and the ending left me shocked and reeling for more. I think I have a love-hate relationship with this ending. I do like cliffhanger endings because they keep me hooked and make me desperate for more and this ending definitely did that. But to me it was such a big shock that I need to find out what happens next like right now! Even though Mia has told me she definitely wasn't trying to torture readers with the ending I think deep down she really was as that's what the ending was to me. It will be torture waiting to see what happens next.

It's such an amazing start to what's going to be an amazing series and I am so excited to read the next instalment. This will definitely be a re-read for me and I will be reading it again before the next instalment of this series.