KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

The Selection (The Selection #1)

The Selection  - Kiera Cass

Thirty-five beautiful girls. Thirty-five beautiful rivals…

It’s the chance of a lifetime and 17-year-old America Singer should feel lucky. She has been chosen for The Selection, a reality TV lottery in which the special few compete for gorgeous Prince Maxon's love.

Swept up in a world of elaborate gowns, glittering jewels and decadent feasts, America is living a new and glamorous life. And the prince takes a special interest in her, much to the outrage of the others.

Rivalry within The Selection is fierce and not all of the girls are prepared to play by the rules. But what they don’t know is that America has a secret — one which could throw the whole competition… and change her life forever.

"I'm trying to make the best decision I can within the boundaries I've been given, but please, don't doubt for a moment that I care for you. Deeply."

After hearing a lot of mixed things about this book, some very good reviews and some very bad reviews, I didn't really know what to expect. I really hoped I liked this book as the concept is so great. I am so happy to say I loved this book. I thought it was great. It's such a cute love story and I really enjoyed the whole book.

America doesn't want to be in The Selection. She wants to stay home, play music and marry the love of her life Aspen. But when Aspen asks her to apply she knows she will do anything for him. She doesn't really believe that she will be picked. When she both gets picked and Aspen breaks her heart she doesn't believe she will win but time away from home for a while may be just what she needs to mend her broken heart. But when Prince Maxon is nothing like she thought America starts to see that maybe she may be able to win this and win Maxon's heart. Can she choose between her childhood sweetheart and the dashing and incredibly sweet Maxon?

I really enjoyed this book. I felt like it was kind of similar to The Hunger Games to me just with dating. You have The Selection, which is a TV show where the girls compete for the Prince's heart. You have the application process where they are chosen (The Reaping?) and America goes onto The Selection for the money for her family (Katniss protecting her sister?) To me The Selection is a princess version of The Hunger Games and I freaking loved it.

I really like America, I thought she was a great lead character and I really felt for her. You really go on this journey with her. From her heart being broken, to starting a friendship with Prince Maxon to starting to grow feelings for him. I felt like we were on this journey with her and I felt everything along with her. I love her and I think she was so strong, to be able to go through all of this and be brave when she was brokenhearted and in this place with barely any friends to turn to.

Maxon, OMG I love him. I never really expected to like Maxon. At the beginning I was kinda in love with Aspen and really wanted things to work out between them. Enter Prince Maxon. He is so cute! And sweet and adorable! I love him. This is one of them books where the guy is so sweet and cute that you just wanna squeal at the romance. I love him and if America doesn't end up choosing Maxon there is something seriously wrong with her because he is definitely the best.

I really enjoyed this book and I cannot wait for book two to see what is going to happen next. I can't wait to see more of Maxon, I just love him. He is awesome! This book is the perfect mix of dystopia and fairytale and I loved how the two genresmixed perfectly. I can't wait to see what will happen with these characters and this world. The ending was perfect and kind of explosive.

A great start to a promising series.

"If this were a simple matter, I'd have eliminated everyone else by now. I know how I feel about you. Maybe it's impulsive of me to think I could be so sure, but I'm certain I would be happy with you."