KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

The Prince (The Selection #0.5)

La Sélection - Le Prince - Kiera CASS

Before thirty-five girls were chosen to compete in the Selection...

Before Aspen broke America's heart...

There was another girl in Prince Maxon's life...

Don't miss this thrilling 128-page original novella set in the world of the New York Times bestselling novel The Selection. Also features a teaser to The Elite, Kiera Cass's hotly anticipated sequel to The Selection.

AHH! There are no words to explain how excited I was when I first heard that Kiera was writing a novella from Maxon's POV. I completely fell in love with The Selection and its no secret that I am completely and utterly 100% Team Maxon. I just fell head over heels in love with him and I could not wait to read this. The Prince is not disappointing in the slightest, it is cute, romantic and made me fall even more in love with Maxon.

Maxon is just phenomenal and I loved seeing things from his point of you. This novella starts before The Selection and tells the story of how Maxon feels about The Selection... does he even want it or does he want to choose his own bride? I loved Maxon even more and this novella made me question everything I had thought in the beginning of The Selection. I really felt for him and I developed and even bigger hatred for his father. The King is horrible and manipulative. I am preying that at some point in this series something terrible happens to him.

Although The Prince is claimed as a prequel I would definitely not suggest reading this before The Selection as it will kind of ruin some of the things that happen in The Selection. Although is starts before the events of The Selection is runs part way into the book so realy gives away some really great important scenes in The Selection.

My one thing I didn't like about this novella was that it finished far too soon. As soon as we started seeing things that happened from The Selection in Maxon's point of view I wanted it to run until the end of The Selection and see the entire book from Maxon's point of view. One thing The Prince definitely did was cement my insane love of Maxon. It just made me love him more and made me much more passionate about the relationship with Maxon and America and I just need them to be together so bad. I genuinelly love them and this series so much and I am so emotionally invested in it if things don't work out... I'm pretty sure I will cry.

The Prince is a must-read for all fans of The Selection and well if you haven't read The Selection... what the hell are you waiting for? It's amazing! This series is without a doubt one of my favourites. It's one of those series that you become addicted to even if you don't think you'd enjoy it. I am officially obsessed with this series and it satisfies the hopeless romantic in me. The Prince is a must-read, whether you are Team Maxon or Team Aspen you have GOT to read this novella. It's amazing and not to be missed. Maxon completely stole my heart and I think he may be one of my favourite book boyfriends of all time! I adore him! He took my heart and I don't want it back, he can keep it. This novella completely gave me the warm and fuzzies!