KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Pyxis: The Discovery (Pyxis #1)

Pyxis: The Discovery  - K.C. Neal

Two worlds... one 16-year-old girl must learn to protect them both.

The nightmares haunting Corinne and her friend Mason hint at a universe that exists beyond the one they know. Her destiny is to protect a weakness between the two worlds, but her mentor is dead. As Corinne and Mason search for answers, she tries to ignore the sparks igniting between them, but can't deny she feels safe only when he's nearby. Will they find help before their nightmares break free?

I absolutely loved this book. Ever since I heard about it and read the blurb I thought it sounded amazing and couldn't wait to read it. I was not disappointed whatsoever.
I think Pyxis is a phenomenal debut that blew me away.

Corinne and her friend Mason are plagued by strange dreams that none of them understand. Little does she know that it is their destiny to protect two worlds along with her best friends. But how can she protect these worlds when she doesn't understand what she is or what she has to do and the one person who could help her is dead? Corinne and Mason must come to terms with the truth that has been hidden from them for years fast before they and the rest of the human world is in danger.

This book blew me away from the first page. I couldn't put it down, it was so good and I was instantly drawn into the story and this great new world that I just loved reading about. I love the characters developed throughout this book. I loved Corinne, I really love how strong she is, she has been through so much and she is still strong around everyone else and doesn't let anything that happens to her get her down and I love that. I love Mason, he is my new book boyfriend. I just love him, he's so awesome and will do everything in his power to save Corinne.
I love this new world Kate has created and the storyline was amazing. I just could not put the book down. I read the whole book in about a day as I was so sucked into the storyline I was on the edge of my seat and couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next.
I loved the ending of this book. It wasn't a huge cliffhanger that left me reeling but it was so good and left so many questions unanswered I was left thinking, but what about this? what about that? I cannot wait for the next book to find out the answers to all of my questions and to see how Mason and Corinne's relationship develops more.

An amazing start to what will be an amazing series and I can't wait to see how is all progresses.