KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Fangs for the Memories (Young Brothers #1)

Fangs for the Memories - Kathy Love

LOVE BITES.

There are Christmas mornings and then there are Christmas mornings like this one: watching my brother, Rhys, swagger through our New York City apartment...smiling. We are talking about Rhys, the detached, surly and annoying; the man who turned brooding into an art form. But he's not brooding now. No, he's practically threatening to pistol whip me for shaking hands with the beautiful, sweet, half-dressed creature named Jane who just tried to sneak out of his bedroom. Weird. And who knew Brother Grim even had a sex drive?

But it isn't just the smiling and the sudden libido that has me freaked out. Something terrible happened last night, something that made my brother break his own rule and save the life of a mortal. Whatever it was, now he doesn't remember anything from the past two hundred years. He wants Jane so bad that he's forcing himself to forget he's a vampire, taking himself back to a time before he crossed over and our family was destroyed. He's sauntering around the place like a Regency viscount with an English accent, saying things like "I behaved like a randy, soused caper-wit." Did we ever really talk like that? So, Rhys doesn't know he's a vampire, and neither does Jane. This is what we call a problem.

All I know is, this mortal woman has managed to touch my brother's frozen heart, and I, Sebastian Young, will do whatever it takes to help him keep her...

After reading a lot of dark dystopian books, when I recieved this book in a swap I instantly wanted to read it. It sounded light-hearted and funny, just the type of book I needed to read after so many sad books. I was not disappointed. I loved this book.

It follows Rhys, a 200-year-old vampire who has spent those 200 years cutting himself off from humanity only surviving on the blood of low-life humans who deserve nothing else but to be in pain. But even then he cannot bring himself to kill anyone. Then he meets Jane, a humble girl from a small town suddenly thrown into busy new york. He finds himself instantly attracted to her and doesn't understand why. Suddenly Rhys loses his memory and finds himself believing he is a English Viscount in Victorian London with Jane as his betrothed.

I loved this book, it's a great love story and it was funny all the way through. There were multiple times when I was so glad I was reading at home because I couldn't help but laugh out loud. It's a great vampire book and I was so delighted to find out that it's the first in a series. I can't wait to find out what the others brothers get up to.

If you are looking for a light funny book that it really sweet and makes you laugh and go awwww at the same time. Then this book is for you.

I did give the book 4 stars because it is wrote it third person and though I have nothing against it, I find that I enjoy books wrote in the first person as I feel that you connect with the characters more when you are seeing the story through their eyes but it was still a great story and I loved it.