KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Bloodfever (Fever #2)

Bloodfever  - Karen Marie Moning

I used to think my sister and I were just two nice southern girls who'd get married in a few years and settle down to a quiet life. Then I discovered that Alina and I descend, not from good wholesome southern stock, but from an ancient Celtic bloodline of powerful sidhe -- seers, people, who can see the Fae. Not only can I see the terrifying otherworldly race, but I can sense the sacred Fae relics that hold the deadliest of their magic.

When my sister was found dead in a trash-filled alley in Dublin, I came over to get answers. Now all I want is revenge. And after everything I've learned about myself, I know I have the power to get it...

MacKayla Lane's ordinary life underwent a complete makeover when she landed on Ireland's shores and was plunged into a world of deadly sorcery and ancient secrets.

In her fight to stay alive, Mac must find the Sinsar Dubh -- a million-year-old book of the blackest magic imaginable, which holds the key to power over both the worlds of the Fae and of Man. Pursued by Fae assassins, surrounded by mysterious figures she knows she cannot trust, Mac finds herself torn between two deadly and irresistible men: V'lane, the insatiable Fae who can turn sensual arousal into an obsession for any woman, and the ever-inscrutable Jericho Barrons, a man as alluring as he is mysterious.

For centuries the shadowy realm of the Fae has coexisted with that of humans. Now the walls between the two are coming down, and Mac is the only thing that stands between them...

I absolutely loved the first book in this series and rated it 5 stars. I thought it was a great start to a series and even though the first 50 pages or so were slow I thought it was amazing. In no way did I think the second instalment in this series could beat the first. How I was wrong.

I thought the second book in the fever series was much better than the first. While the beginning of the first was slightly slow in this instalment you were instantly hooked and consumed once again by the world of the Fae and Mac and Barron's story.

Mac and Barrons are still trying to find the mysterious book the Sinsar Dubh, now Mac knows how it affects her when it's around Barrons is determined to change that so that she can be near it without losing consciousness. When Mac starts to see a mysterious hooded figure behind the bookstore that looks very much like a Grim Reaper she passes it off as a figment of her imagination that she has psychologically conjured up to help her come to terms with the sins she has committed since arriving in Dublin and discovering who she really is. Little does she know that confessions sins to the mysterious Grim Reaper could put her in more danger.

I loved this book. I really loved Barrons in this book and even though he is still acting like an ass I get the feeling he is acting like that to mask how he really feels and there is so much sexual tension between him and Mac I found myself going come on at least kiss already everyone knows you like each other.
I loved Mac as well. I think she's one of the best female leads in a book and I felt that she really grew as a character in the second book. At the end of the first book I got the impression she was still a spoilt girl who was in way over her head and didn't really know what she was doing. By the end of this book she knew what she was doing and knew that she can't just get revenge for her sister's death but there will be things to come after than and she's not running away.
I'm still on the fence about V'laine, I still don't trust him and don't particularly like him. Their hour turned into a month and while I felt a little pissed off that he didn't warn her I did find it really sweet that he conjured up Alina out of Mac's memory so she could see her sister again.

I really did love this book and at times in it I felt like I couldn't breathe and wouldn't be able to until I had finished the book. I was completely hooked and I am officially addicted to this series.
Without a doubt I have caught the 'Fever' fever and I will be going on to the next book immediately. There is no way I will be able to stop until I have finished the entire series.