KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Untouched (Denezen #1.5)

Untouched (A Denazen Novella) - Jus Accardo

Until he met Dez, Kale’s days were filled with violence and death. He was used as a weapon of destruction by the power hungry men of Denazen. He’s a Six. A person with an abnormal ability. Some people call them gifts, but not Kale. Kale’s touch means instant death.

But now there’s Dez, the girl he can touch, and they’re hunting down Sixes and warning them about Denazen. Kale is learning about the world outside captivity and trying to put his dark past behind him. But they underestimated how badly Denazen wanted him back.

When Dez sacrifices herself to save the new Six they’d rescued from falling into the corp’s hands, Kale is lost. Denazen has brought out its best to get the job done. Samsen, a nightmare from Kale’s past—the only person he’s ever truly feared—has come for them, and it soon becomes obvious he has his own twisted agenda.

Kale will need all his training to get Dez back and ensure they make it out, free—and alive. But will it be enough?

Wow, what a novella. I was completely and utterly sucked back into this incredible world that Jus Accardo has built. Usually novellas are not my favourite books and most don't get over a 3 star rating. I just usually feel like it's so short you can't really enjoy it as much as by the time you get into the book it's over. This is one of the exceptions. I absolutely loved Untouched and it has made me very excited for the upcoming second Denazen novel.

Dez and Kale are on the move looking for other Sixes to warn and protect them from the evil Denazen cooperation who will do anything to get the Sixes working for them. But while Dez and Kale are on the move looking for the Sixes danger from Denazen is not far behind. When they catch up with a Six they find themselves in a battle. Can Kale overcome his past and save the new Six and Dez when no matter what the Denazen cooperation will always hold something against him?

This is an incredible fast paced novella set between Touch and the upcoming Toxic. It is a fast-paced novella that is difficult to put down and I loved every moment of it. It picks up where Touch left off with Dez and Kale on the lookout for the other Sixes. Even though I read Touch a while ago when it was just released I didn't have trouble catching up on the book at all. Once you start reading all of what happened in book 1 easily comes back to you without Jus having to repeat it and sound repetitive.

I loved Kale so much in book 1 and I couldn't wait to read more about him and Dez so to find that this novella was told from Kale's point of view made me even more excited to read it. I loved reading this from Kale's point of view and it really gives you a new perspective of him. I always loved him but I just love him even more after reading this novella. I really felt for him and you really get a look at the effects that Denazen really had on him and how it impacts everything that he does.

I thought this novella was really good, one of the best novella's I have read. It's action-packed and fast-paced and I found it very unputdownable and I loved every moment. This is just an incredible series and I am so excited for Toxic to find out what happens.
This novella is definitely a must-read for fans of Touch.