KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Summer's Crossing (The Iron Fey #3.5)

Summer's Crossing (Iron Fey, #3.5) - Julie Kagawa

A Midsummer's Nightmare? Robin Goodfellow. Puck. Summer Court prankster, King Oberon's right hand, bane of many a faery queen's existence—and secret friend to Prince Ash of the Winter Court. Until one girl's death came between them, and another girl stole both their hearts.

Now Ash has granted one favor too many and someone's come to collect, forcing the prince to a place he cannot go without Puck's help—into the heart of the Summer Court. And Puck faces the ultimate choice—betray Ash and possibly win the girl they both love, or help his former friend turned bitter enemy pull off a deception that no true faery prankster could possibly resist.

An ebook exclusive novella from Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series.

"What's in a name really? Does a rose by any other name really smell as sweet? Would the most famous love story in the world be as poignant if it was called Romeo and Gertrude?"

I really enjoyed this novella. Summer's Crossing is set inbetween The Iron Queen and The Iron Knight and it picks up just where The Iron Queen left off with Ash and Puck setting off on their quest.

Ash and Puck are setting off on a quest, one that may take a long time. But before they can really start on their quest Ash must do something for the exile queen. Now faced with sneaking into the Summer Court and taking back what was stolen Ash and Puck may work together. But this may be the chance Puck needs to get rid of the Winter Prince once and for all. Will he betray the person who used to be his best friend or will he be noble and help Ash on his quest to be with Meghan?

I really loved that this novella was told from Puck's point of view. That means it was hilarious. It was amazing to see Puck's thoughts on everything and I just love Puck even more now. He's hilarious and there were many times where I just sat laughing ot myself at the things he said and/or thought.
I loved seeing his 'friendship' with Ash. I don't care what they say those two are so going to end up best friends again. I loved it.
I really felt for Puck as we really get to see the extent to his feelings for Meghan and I just wanted to reach into the book and give him a hug.

I really loved this short novella and I can't wait to read The Iron Knight to find out how the series is going to end. Julie Kagawa is an incredible author, whose writing just hooks you right from that start. I am definitely a fan now and can't wait to read the end of this incredible series.

"I would be more than her guardian and her champion and the jester who made her laugh. I would be her everything, if I could."