KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

The Testing (The Testing #1)

The Testing  - Joelle Charbonneau

Sixteen-year-old Cia Vale is honoured to be chosen for The Testing – a series of exams set by the United Commonwealth that selects the brightest young adults to become leaders of their war- stricken world. But when candidates start disappearing and Cia witnesses unimaginable horrors done in the United Commonwealth’s name it becomes clear that these are no ordinary exams, and Cia is forced to realise the truth: this is no longer about winning, but surviving.

Oh. My. Goodness! I was so note prepared for the awesomeness of this book! I have to just give a massive thank you to Templar Publishing for introducing me to this book as if it wasn't for them I would not even know about this one. I received their 2013 book catalogue and while flicking through saw this and thought OMG dystopia... I love dystopia! So i requested it! All I can say is that I thought I had read great dystopia... until I read this one! This one was freaking phenomenal and just blew all the others out of the window. The Taking is quite possibly the best dystopia I have ever read in my life.

All Cia has ever wanted is to be chosen for The Testing. When she is chosen she is delighted and is ready to leave her home and her family behind to go through The Testing to become one of the leaders. But is everything as it seems? The more Cia goes through The Testing the more she realises that things aren't quite right. Is The Testing really a way to choose leaders or something darker? And what about those who don't make it through? Cia is determined to find out!

Oh. My. GOD! I just seriously can't say anything else. Just thinking back over what happened in this book it gives me shivers it was THAT good! I loved every single second of it! I am officially converted into a Joelle obsessive fan! She is just fantastic and is without a doubt one of the best authors I have ever read! Before this book I had never heard of her but I am a fan... for life! Her story-telling skills are just phenomenal! I seriously could not put this book down. Her writing completely draws you in from the first page and does not let you go until you've read the last page and are left reeling demanding more. I read the prequel The Testing Guide before this and thought it was interesting. I couldn't wait to read The Testing to find out what happened afterwards. But I was not expecting the epic awesomeness that this book was. It is seriously unputdownable I cannot praise it enough! It is a must-read.

Cia is one of the best heroines of a book I have ever read about in my life. Not only is she totally kick-ass but she is crazy smart too! I just loved her throughout the entirety of this book! She is just fantastic and I can't praise this character enough. She will do anything for her family and for the ones she cares about and she will use her smarts to do it. I love seeing a character like Cia. She is just the best!

There are seriously no words I could ever say that would do this book justice! It's just so epically phenomenal and unputdownable it's something you have to experience for yourself. To me this is one of those very rare books or series that you come across and want nothing more than to shout from the rooftops and yell that everyone just must read this book like right now! It is possibly the best YA dystopia I have ever read (and I have read A LOT). I cannot praise this book and Joelle enough. I just love this book so much I want to read it over and over again. It gives me that feeling where you just wanna hug the book forever because you just loved it that much!

The ending was perfect and literally left my with my jaw on the floor dying to get my hands on the next one. It was the perfect ending to the perfect book and all I can really say is that you 100% do not want to miss out on this one. It is a must-read for everyone. If you love dystopia books then this one is not to be missed, if you don't really read dystopia... you still MUST read it because they book literally has everything you could possibly want. A kick-ass heroine, a swoon-worthy boy, love, action, deception... EVERYTHING!
Why are you still here reading? .... GO PRE-ORDER THIS BOOK NOW!

This book completely drew me in, took my breath away and left me breathless. I will be counting down the days until I can get my hands on Independent Study. FREAKING PHENOMENAL! The Testing is not to be missed!