KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Perfection (Perfection #1)

Perfection - JL Spelbring

The personification of Aryan purity, Ellyssa's spent her whole life under her creator's strict training and guidance; her purpose is to eradicate inferior beings. She was genetically engineered to be the perfect soldier: strong, intelligent, unemotional, and telepathic.
Only Ellyssa isn't perfect.
Ellyssa feels emotions--a fact she's spent her life concealing. Until she encounters the epitome of inferiority: a dark-haired boy raised among renegades hiding since the Nazis won the war a century ago. He speaks to her telepathically, pushing thoughts into her mind, despite the impossibility of such a substandard person having psychic abilities.
But he does.
His unspoken words and visions of a place she's never visited make Ellyssa question her creator. Confused and afraid her secret will be discovered, Ellyssa runs away, embarking on a journey where she discovers there is more to her than perfection.

"Together, we can make it through whatever awaits us."

Wow!
That was my initial reaction after finishing Perfection. This is without a doubt one of the most well thought out, cleverly-written and unique books I have ever read. I am naturally a massive fan of Dystopia novels so I couldn't wait to read Perfection from the first moment that I heard of it. Perfection is all that I hoped it would be and more.

Ellyssa is perfect. No really! She has been genetically engineered to be the perfect being, the perfect soldier. Ever since Hitler won the war, his followers have been striving to rid the world of their imperfections. The things that ruined the world that they are now trying to save. In their journey to perfection Dr Hirch has created the perfect beings, powerful, strong, emotionless. The perfect soldiers for their cause... and it helps that they have superior powers. But Ellyssa has a flaw that she cannot tell anyone. She isn't the perfect creature her father believes. She isn't emotionless, she feels just as much as anyone... she just doesn't understand them. After running away and being taken by the Renegades Ellyssa starts feeling more than she ever knew she was capable. But with her Father hunting her and wanting his perfect creation back can she keep her new found family safe?

Perfection absolutely blew me away. Just thinking about a world where the Nazi's won the way completely and utterly baffles me. I mean it is something I would never want to think about because that world would just be too scary. JL Spelbrings brings it to life and writes it perfectly. Her writing style sucked me in right from the start of the book and I couldn't put it down. This is one of the most cleverly-thought-out and unique dystopia's I've ever read and it is so realistic. I mean this book literally scares me... not because it's frightening or creepy but because thinking about it if the Nazi's had in fact won the war I could totally see this actually happening... and that's scary.

Ellyssa is unlike any other heroine I have read about. She is strong and kick-ass and I mean kick-ass... like she is trained to kill so trust me she can kick some ass. But even though she is a soldier she has this insane vulnerability that you don't see in other books. She has been trained her whole life not to feel anything so emotionally she is like a child and it was such a beautiful and emotional journey to go with her on her discovery of emotions and how they don't make you weak as she was always lead to believe but how they can be your strength. I love her so much. It was so refreshing to read about a heroine who is very much like a child as well as being strong and kick-ass

Rein... ahh the beautiful dark haired boy with the green eyes... well I was sold right there and then. Who could resist that? I love him. I love how strong he is and I love how the romance between he and Ellyssa wasn't like a insta-love, love-at-first-sight thing. I love how it developed as they got to know each other more. Rein is protective and fierce and I love that. I love how even though he had these feelings for Ellyssa his family came first and he made sure that they came first. I love him. He is fierce, protective and super sweet. He is just everything you want in a fictional character.

Perfection was absolutely brilliant. I genuinely loved every single moment of it and I could not stop reading. I just had to know what was going to happen. It has non-stop action that will have you on the edge of your seat not able to turn the pages fast enough. It has heart-melting romance that will have you sighing... and possibly drooling a little into the book. This is without a doubt one of my favourite dystopia's of all time and I cannot wait to get my hands on the second installment of the series... no doubt it will be perfection!
Go grab this book now! You will not be disappointed.

"Perfection? People, in themselves, ARE perfect. Creativity, emotions, the innate quest to find truth - these are the things which evolved humans. All of them. Not just what you choose."