KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Cursed

Cursed - Jennifer L. Armentrout

Dying sucks--and high school senior Ember McWilliams knows firsthand. After a fatal car accident, her gifted little sister brought her back. Now anything Ember touches dies. And that, well, really blows.

Ember operates on a no-touch policy with all living things--including boys. When Hayden Cromwell shows up, quoting Oscar Wilde and claiming her curse is a gift, she thinks he’s a crazed cutie. But when he tells her he can help control it, she’s more than interested. There’s just one catch: Ember has to trust Hayden's adopted father, a man she's sure has sinister reasons for collecting children whose abilities even weird her out. However, she’s willing to do anything to hold her sister's hand again. And hell, she'd also like to be able to kiss Hayden. Who wouldn't?

But when Ember learns the accident that turned her into a freak may not've been an accident at all, she’s not sure who to trust. Someone wanted her dead, and the closer she gets to the truth, the closer she is to losing not only her heart, but her life. For real this time.

"Hayden was kind of drool-worthy. Okay. Not kind of. Definitely drool-worthy."

Wow, I don't even know where to start with this review. Cursed was the first book by Jennifer L Armentrout I ever heard about. It's been added to my must-have list for over a year so you can imagine my excitement when I found out I was getting it for review from the awesome Spencer Hill Press. Since hearing about (and dying to read) Cursed last year I have read all of Jennifer's other books and she is just amazing. I adore both the Lux and Covenant series and have fell in love with her adult book Tempting The Best Man too. I knew Cursed would be incredible. I did not under any circumstances expect it to be this incredible. If I had to describe cursed in one word it would be: Phenomenal!

Ember has a gift, well she sees it as more of a Curse. Ever since that fatal accident that left her dead and her gifted sister brought her back she hasn't been able to touch anything living. Her touch is toxic and kills. When Ember meets the mysterious but gorgeous Hayden she thinks he hot (obviously) and crazy but when he suggests there may be a way to control her gift Ember can't help but try. But was the accident that left Ember with this gift really an accident, or is someone still out there after her?

I seriously cannot put my thoughts about this book into words. I just want to scream "IT'S AWESOME! READ IT NOW!" When Cursed came through my door this week I started squealing and jumping round like a crazy woman. After reading: I want to squeal and jump round the room like a crazy woman because it is just that phenomenal. Minutes after finishing reading Cursed I wanted to go back to the beginning and read it all again. Jennifer is without a doubt the most amazing author in the world. There is nothing, NOTHING she could ever write that I would absolutely adore and completely obsess over. Cursed is definitely 100% different from all her other books but it is just as addictive and brilliant. I think this really shows her versatility as an author and I am convinced that there is no author in this world that is better than she.

Ember is such a fantastic character. I really love her. You really feel for Ember throughout the book. I mean really how could you not. She can't touch anyone. She can't even hold her beloved sister's hand. I think Ember is such a strong character. She breaks down and is very emotional but she is so strong to keep fighting. To keep going and look after her little sister after all the things that has happened to her. If those things had happened to me I'm pretty sure I'd be in a mental institute banging my head of the padded walls.

Hayden, oh where do I even start with Hayden. He is just the perfect guy. I definitely have a new book boyfriend. He is so sweet and perfect and he is the character every girl wishes was real and that they'd fall in love with her. He's so adorable. And hot! Very hot! Prepare to drool and swoon and sigh. A LOT! But really what did you expect, all of Jennifer's lead male characters make you drool and swoon and sigh. I have never in my life read such a hot scene where the characters aren't even touching.

This book is just phenomenal. It has you guessing what's going to happen and it has so many twists and turns it will leave you dizzy. From the very first page I could not put this book down. It's heart-stopping and exciting and every page leaves you breathless and needing more. I think Cursed is my favourite book of all time, yea not just of Jennifer's but ever. But really no books in the world can top Jennifer's her books are just that good. Cursed is a mind-blowing story that is unputdownable and will stay with you long after you have finished the last page.

I cannot praise this book enough. The last thing I will leave you with is this:
GO BUY IT NOW!
If I could give this book a million stars I would. This book is not to be missed out on. A must-read that I will read over and over again!

"You know my dad has always thought that Olivia was the amazing one, the one who has this remarkable gift. But I've always thought it was you."