KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Obsession (Lux #3.5)

Obsession - Jennifer L. Armentrout

He’s arrogant, domineering, and... To. Die. For.

Hunter is a ruthless killer. And the Department of Defense has him firmly in their grasp, which usually doesn’t chafe too badly because he gets to kill bad guys. Most of the time he enjoys his job. That is, until he’s saddled with something he’s never had to do before: protect a human from his mortal enemy.

Serena Cross didn’t believe her best friend when she claimed to have seen the son of a powerful senator turn into something... unnatural. Who would? But then she witnesses her friend’s murder at the hands of what can only be an alien, thrusting her into a world that will kill to protect their secret.

Hunter stirs Serena’s temper and her lust despite their differences. Soon he’s doing the unthinkable—breaking the rules he’s lived by, going against the government to keep Serena safe. But are the aliens and the government the biggest threats to Serena’s life… or is it Hunter?

"Are you done acting like a psychotic, cracked-out Muppet baby?"

Oh. My. Holy. Hawtness!
As soon as I heard about this book I absolutely could not wait to get my hands on it! I instantly knew I would love it... I mean come on it's Jennifer L Armentrout after all... you know the author I've been obsessing over for like 2 years! And an adult book set in the most awesome world of the Lux? But I did not expect to love this just as much as I did. I mean come on the guy is an Arum. A creature I have been hating on and claiming is evil for two years... but oh my word did Jen turn the cards around.

Serena didn't believe it when her best friend told her that there was something unnatural out there. Extraterrestrial even. But when she witnesses the extraterrestrial first hand she is thrown into a world she never knew existed. One where there is an ancient war between two alien races that inhabit earth yet look like you and me.
Hunter is the epitome of bad! The last thing he wants to do is babysit some human. But when he and Serena get together and sparks fly Hunter finds himself feeling things he never had before. Will he be able to save her from her involvement in this long war or are they destined to fall apart?

I loved every single moment of this book. From the very first page Jennifer's highly addictive writing style sucked me in and wouldn't spit me back out until I had finished. I was completely enamored and just couldn't put the book down. In true JLA fashion I instantly clicked with there characters and was dying to know what was going to happen. I read the entire thing in one sitting.

Serena and Hunter are such an incredible literary couple. I love them both. Serena is amazing! She is kick-ass and she is so awesomely snarky. She gives as good as she gets and won't let anyone tell her what to do. I love her!
Move along Daemon as I do believe I have just switched over to Team Arum! Hunter is the epitome of bad! He is the hottest of the hot! I just instantly fell in love with him. I never thought I would. I mean I've been believing Arum are the bad guys for two years and during the Lux series I always imagined Arum as these creepy ugly things. Hunter is so not creepy and so not ugly! He is hawt and I believe may be my new book boyfriend. I fell head over heels in lust love with him!

Obsession is an incredible addition to the Lux series, even if it not an actual part of the Lux series. It really shows there are two sides to every story and throughout the Lux series we have only been seeing one of it. I never imagined that I would sympathise with an Arum but I did find myself feeling for him. It showed me that while I still believe that teh Luxen are the good guys not all Arum are bad. Some of them are the good guys which also means you can't generalise all Luxen to be good either. Some of them will be bad.

Obsession was a phenomenal read that had my heart racing in so many places. It really opened my eyes and made me think more about this world and the alien races. I never imagined bad Luxen and good Arum as I just generalised them to what I had known from the Lux series. Obsession turns it on its head and questions everything you ever believed about this world and the characters. Obsession just showed me just how much of a phenomenally talented author Jennifer L Armentrout is. Not only can she write phenomenal addictive series that we pine over but she can also switch it on its head with just a couple of hundred pages and have you believing in the complete opposite to what you have for the past 3 books.

Obsession is a must-read for any fans of the Lux series. It has breathtaking, super how romance and heart-stopping action. I loved every single moment of it. I adored the story and seeing the opposite side of the Luxen/Arum war and I loved seeing the hints to what we have to look forward to in Origin. I just prey for the day that Jen will decide that we need another Arum book and turn this into a series!

"You make me care about things I never cared about before. You make me thing. You make me warm."