KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Apollyon (Covenant #4)

Apollyon - Jennifer L. Armentrout

Fate isn’t something to mess with… and now, neither is Alex.

Alex has always feared two things: losing herself in the Awakening and being placed on the Elixir. But love has always been stronger than Fate, and Aiden St. Delphi is willing to make war on the gods—and Alex herself—to bring her back.

The gods have killed thousands and could destroy entire cities in their quest to stop Seth from taking Alex’s power and becoming the all-powerful God Killer. But breaking Alex’s connection to Seth isn’t the only problem. There are a few pesky little loopholes in the whole “an Apollyon can’t be killed” theory, and the only person who might know how to stop the destruction has been dead for centuries.

Finding their way past the barriers that guard the Underworld, searching for one soul among countless millions, and then somehow returning will be hard enough. Alex might be able to keep Seth from becoming the God Killer… or she might become the God Killer herself.

Oh. My. Freaking. Gods! There are no words in this universe that could explain my feelings about this book. I went through so many emotions throughout this book, from freaking out, to crying to laughing and hopeful. I just loved every single second of it and it is without a doubt my favourite book of all time.

Alex has connected with Seth. Unaware of her previous state of mind and her feelings for Aiden, Alex knows only one thing. Seth is her other half and she needs him. Aiden is determined to bring the real Alex back and won't give up on her. But Aiden is still reeling from the fact that he had to put her on the Elixir. If Alex comes back will she ever forgive him for doing the one thing he promised not to? And will they have the strength to defeat Seth and Lucian and stop a war with the Gods from happening? One this is for certain... they are at war now and not everyone is going to survive!

It's fair to say that I have been dying for this book for a long time. I absolutely love it and the ending of both Deity and Elixir had my dying for more and needed to know what happened to these characters next. This is without a doubt the best book in the series so far. One thing I adore about this series is that you never know what is going to happen next. The books just get better and better the furthur through the series you get. It's just phenomenal. One thing Jennifer is brilliant at is throwing you twists and turns that you would never see coming. As soon as I was sure I knew what was coming and what was going to happen she would throw something in there where I was left like: *gasp* No way... I never saw that coming! I was literally left on the edge of my seat all the way through the book, freaking out and quite frankly scared to finish the book as I didn't want it to ever end and I just knew Jennifer would throw something in there that would leave me speechless and dying for Sentinel.

I don't want to say too much about the characters as I don't want to spoil anything but Apollyon was the only book where I wanted to smack Alex... HARD! I know I know it's not her fault, she's connected to Seth and doesn't really have control over what she was doing. But oh my gods I just wanted someone to smack her so damn hard and knock some damn sense into her. Everytime Seth was inside her head talking to her through the connection I found myself screaming "GET OUT OF HER HEAD" at the book. YES... this book turned me crazy!!

Aiden... Oh just when I thought I couldn't possibly love him any more. I just love him. He's perfect and all the way through reading I just kept sending Jennifer messages saying, Why can't he be real? He is and will always be my number one book boyfriend of all time because he is just amazing and perfect. You really see how amazing and loyal he is, how he will never give up on Alex even if he has to fight Gods for her. What I really loved about Aiden was that in Apollyon you really see a more vulnerable side to him. In the first 3 installments of the series you really see the strong Aiden who is fighting his growing feelings for Alex and trying to train her to be the best Sentinel she can be. In Elixir, which is from Aiden's POV, we do see a new side of him but he's still fierce, loyal and protective. However in Apollyon you see the vulnerability in him and how his actions in Elixir affected him and how he feels guilty about what he did. I really loved seeing that side of him.

Now I won't talk about Seth all that much as I'm pretty sure everyone knows how I feel about Seth by now. At the end of Deity I hated Seth... I mean physically hated him where I wanted to jump in the book and kill him myself! In Elixir... yep continued to hate him and I was convinced I would forever hate him. By the end of Apollyon I no longer hate him... don't get me wrong I still do not like him AT ALL but I can't hate him. He has done some questionable things and I don't think he should get away with them as he is guilty of causing hundreds of people to be killed. BUT I feel really sorry for him. It is so obvious that all he wants is acceptance and to be loved. Seth has never really had that and he thinks he has found that with Lucian. It is obvious (to me anyway) that Seth is just being manipulated and used by Lucian for his own gain and I feel so sorry for him that he can't see that. Though at the same time I wanna punch him and say WAKE UP STOP BEING AN IDIOT! I am really looking forward to seeing what happens with Seth in the next installment of The Covenant series.

Overall this is without a doubt the best Covenant book so far but there is no doubt in my mind that Sentinel will surpass it. Every Jennifer L Armentrout book I read just enforces my belief that she can do no wrong. She is a writing goddess and there is nothing she can write that I won't love and obsess over. Apollyon is no different, it is without a doubt my favourite book of Jennifers, and of all time in fact but there is no doubt in my mind that whatever book she comes out with next, will it be the next Covenant novel, Lux novel or something else it will blow my mind.

I am dying to read Sentinel and find out how it all ends but at the same time I am heartbroken that there is only one book left. How can we be nearly finished with this series and what on earth am I to do then? I will just have to cry in a corner... or just re-read the books over and over again.
Apollyon is such a fast and amazing roller-coaster ride that will have you bouncing with happiness one minute and freaking out the next. With so many twists and turns you might end up with whiplash this is one book that is not to be missed. I am left hanging on to every word and dying for the next book. Definitely a must-read for everyone! This is one series that is not to be missed out on. Jennifer is officially the queen of writing and I will forever be waiting and dying for her next novel.