KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Deity (Covenant #3)

Deity - Jennifer L. Armentrout

"History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time. "

Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden.

If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome.

But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed.

Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...

"You're too strong to ever lose yourself. I believe that. Why can't you?"

Oh. My. Gods. There are no words to explain just how phenomenal this book is. I was so excited when I received this for review from Spencer Hill Press. Yes I danced around the house when it got here. Naturally I thought this book would be fantastic. I was just not expecting it to be that good. I have always said that Obsidian is my favourite book and I preffered the Lux series to Covenant. I can no longer say that because Deity is just phenomenal and heart-stopping. Without a doubt the best damn book I have ever read.

Alex's 18th birthday is fast approaching. Alex dreads Awakening and doesn't know what it going to happen to her. Will she still be Alex or will she change? Torn between Aiden, the boy she loves but can't have and Seth, the cold Apollyon who can't wait for her to awaken, Alex must decide between them. Which can she trust? And can they figure everything out in a race against time when the inevitable is fast approaching?

I seriously cannot put my feelings about this book into words. All I want to say is 'Oh. My. Gods just read this series right now.' Deity proves my view that Jennifer is without a doubt a goddess. She is just a phenomenal writer and she could write about anything. ANYTHING. And I would still love it. She is the most amazing writer I have ever read in my life and nobody can quite compare to her books. I could very easily just read Jennifer's books and nothing else forever over and over again and would be completely happy about that.  She is just the best author in the world and if you haven't read any of her books yet then you need to. Right Now!

This is positively the hardest review I have ever had to write. I am one of those readers who really hates reviews that give spoilers so I never write them. It is so damn hard to write a spoiler-free review for this book. It's actually impossible to talk about this book without giving something away as it just goes from one shocking moment to another . I was just completely speechless throughout the entire book. Pure left us reeling and if you are anything like me you have spent the months since reading Pure with lots of conspiracies and theories of what will happen next spinning around your head. Well Deity will answer a lot of your questions. But it will also leave you breathless and with more questions. I swear at one point in this book I think my heart literally stopped.

I won't go into what I love about each character, everyone knows I am an Aiden girl, because he is just perfect and I love him. I thought I loved him in the first two books, they are nothing for how I feel about Aiden after Deity. I am completely and uttery head-over-heels in love with him. I have never swooned so much or loved a fictional character as much as I do with Aiden. Yes I'll mention the 'other guy'. At the end of Pure I never really trusted Seth or liked him at all for that matter. There's just something about him I don't like or trust. My opinion of him has not changed in the slightest. I won't say much more as I get so passionate when talking about this series I'll end up giving something major away and they you'll all hate me.

The last 100 pages in this book were heart-breaking. I was freaking out for all of them. I wanted someone to hold my hand and tell me everything was going to work out okay. I was hyperventilating by the end. I was so worried about the ending of Deity. If you think the ending of Pure is a cliffhanger, you have seen nothing yet. Jennifer is officially the queen of cliffhangers. The ending of Deity is a killer and had me in hysterics! I need Aiden's novella right now! If Deity is anything to go by Jennifer will have gave me a heart-attack by the time this series has ended.

Without a doubt the best book I have ever read. It was without a doubt the most phenomenal book I have ever read in my life. Deity is a heart-stopping and jaw-dropping chapter in the phenomenal Covenant series. I was sat on the edge of my seat, holding my breath waiting to see what was going to happen and dreading it at the same time. The end will leave you hanging and reeling from the events and dying to get your hands on the next installment. No words I can ever say will quite do justice to this book. Covenant is a series that is not to be missed! With breath-taking romance and heart-stopping action this is a must-read for everybody!

"I'm afraid of never being allowed to feel what I do."