KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Tall Dark and Divine

Tall, Dark, and Divine - Jenna Bennett

Eros, the Greek god of love, swore off the useless emotion after his ex ran off with some Viking godling. He's lost all interest in his matchmaking business, Made in Heaven, until he spots the sweet baker who works across the street. Before she stirs his sullen heart, he'll match her and get back to his ambrosia-laced wine in no time.

Lonely baker Annie Landon has given up on finding Mr. Right. What she needs is Mr. Right Here, Right Now, and this so-called “Greek God” she’s heard is on the rebound sounds exactly like the perfect kind of distraction. But picking up the bitter, workaholic is easier said than done…especially when he seems unreasonably determined to match her with someone else.

Can a woman looking for love—and the matchmaking god who wants her to find it with someone else—have a shot at a happy ending? May the best god—or mortal—win.

"I love you. I know it's too soon, and I know I told you I wasn't ready. We've only known each other a couple of days. But I love you."

There are no words to explain how much I loved this book. From first hearing about this book I instantly wanted to read it. I am a major mythology fan and I adore books with mythological aspects in this so to find this book about Eros, the Greek God of Love I couldn't wait to read it. I was not disappointed in the slightest.

Eros swore of love. He doesn't care if he is the God of Love. Ever since his ex-wife ran off with someone else he has been determined that he will never love again. Enter Annie. She is giving up on finding Mr Right and is more interested in just finished Mr Tonight. So when she runs into the brooding Eros... or Ross she is determined he can be her Mr Tonight. What neither of them count on is the feelings that arise in them both. But can Eros match her with a human where they can grow old together even though he is falling for her more and more each day? And can Annie convince him that he is the one he wants. When Gods and Mortals crash there's one thing for certain... their lives will never be the same.

I so loved this book. I thought it was fantastic. It matched ancient Greek Gods with modern day NYC and it was perfectly done. I was completely hooked right from the first page where we are introduced to Eros. I just couldn't put it down. My love for Mythology may have something to do. Tall Dark and Divine has so many of these Greek Gods running around modern times and I really loved that, I thought it was so different from other Mythological books.

Eros is such a great character. I loved him... but I wanted to punch him at times to knock some sense into him. He is drop dead gorgeous and so sweet. I love him! But he is determined that there is something better for Annie and continues to push her away and towards a different mortal. Yea... I wanted to hit him because it's obvious that Annie and Eros are just meant to be. It's such a cute love story. I loved that Annie was not like a stick thin supermodel beautiful character. She was a normal woman, who ate cookies and loved dogs... *ahem* totally me! I loved her and found her so easy to identify with. She is awesome and I love her.

I really enjoyed this book. I loved the mythological aspects and I loved the romance. It's such a cute romance and I just refused to put the book down until the romance has sorted itself out and gone exactly as I wanted... so yea... I read it in one sitting. I really loved it.
The one thing about the book that I didn't like as much as the rest is I felt like the ending was a little rushed. It might just be me and the hopeless romantic that I am but once the romance has righted itself I felt like it was over way too quick. I would have liked to see Eros and Annie together as a couple for a little bit longer before the book ending.

I really loved this book it has everything. Drop dead gorgeous Greek Gods who are totally drool worthy and heart-stopping romance. This is without a doubt a must-read for any romance and mythology fan.

"I just want to be with you. For however long you'll have me.
Forever."