KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Dirty Blood (Dirty Blood #1)

Dirty Blood (Dirty Blood #1) - Heather Hildenbrand

I killed a girl last night. I did it with my bare hands and an old piece of pipe I found lying next to the dumpster. But that’s not the part that got me. The part that scared me, the part I can’t seem to wrap my head around and still has me reeling, was that when she charged me, her body shifted – and then she was a wolf. All snapping teeth and extended claws. But by the time I stood over her lifeless body, she was a girl again. That’s about the time I went into shock… And that was the moment he showed up.

Now, all I can do is accept the truths that are staring me in the face. One, Werewolves do exist. And Two, I was born to kill them.

"Responsibility and visions have nothing to do with it Tara. You are my destiny."

Wow!! I am completely and utterly blown away by this book. When Heather emailed me asking me to review this book I instantly said yes. This is one of the books that had been sat on my wishlist for months but I had never gotten around to getting it. One of the reasons for that is that I haven't read many werewolf books that I have loved. Sure, I'm liked them enough but I had yet to read a werewolf book that I fell in love with. Now I have! I think this is the first werewolf book that I found unputdownable and I am so glad I read it.

Tara is just a normal girl. She goes to school, hangs out with friends and has boy drama along with all other normal teenage girls. But suddenly she is thrown into this supernatural world and discovers she is anything BUT normal. She is a Hunter... destined to hunt Werewolves. Yea you heard right Werewolves Little did Alex know that they do exist. But if she is destined to hunt them why is she starting to grow feelings towards Wes... a very hot, incredibly sweet and overly protective Were? Is everything as black and white as they seem or is there a way for sworn enemies to actually be together?

I love this book! It was so damn good! I was a little skeptical about it at first as like I said very few werewolf books completely capture me so much I can't put them down. I have found the first werewolf book that I love! Right from the start I was completely captured and transported from my house to this addictive world of werewolves and hunters. What I really love about this book is that this is possibly the most original werewolf book I have ever come across. It's not just a case of someone was bitten, turned into a werewolf and had drama joining a pack or something like that. I have found a lot of books like that. But Dirty Blood was completely different. Bites to not equal turning into a werewolf and this world of were's is definitely more complicated that other werewolf books. There is more than meets the eye for sure and there are twists and turns all the way through the book.

Tara is such an awesome character. I really love her. I think she is such a strong character and you really see her go through a journey throughout the book. At the beginning of the book Tara freaks out... a lot when she finds this hidden world of the werewolves but by the end she is a strong kick-ass heroine who will put herself in danger to protect her friends and family. I love her. She is definitely my kinda girl who won't sit back while others take care of the problem. No she is right in there in the middle of everything and that's what I love about her.

Wes... oh Wes. I am absolutely 100% head over heels in love with Wes. He is just all kinds of yumminess. Right from the start I was in love with him. He is so awesome and made me laugh so many times. He is just everything that every girl wants wrapped into one very hot package. He is hot... and I mean HAWT! He is funny and thoughful. He is so sweet and very protective and just thinking about him makes me sigh! I am in love.... again!

This book has everything... hot werewolves... did I say that already?!?! Oh... I did? Guess I should move on from the hot werewolves then.
There is none stop action and twists and turns at every turn. It had me guessing right till the very end and had me sat on the edge of my seat not able to turn the pages fast enough. I am just completely in love with this book and can't wait to read book two to find out what happens next. If you like books with lots of action plus heartwarming romance this is definitely the book for you.

"I was stubborn and unwilling to admit I was falling for you, even when I already knew I had."