KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

The Star Dwellers (Dwellers #2)

The Star Dwellers  - David Estes

After rescuing her father and younger sister, Adele is forced to leave her family and Tristan behind to find her mother in the cruel and dangerous realm of the star dwellers.

Amidst blossoming feelings for Adele, Tristan must cast his feelings aside and let her find her own way amongst the star dwellers, while he accompanies Adele's father to meet with the leaders of the moon dwellers and decide the fate of the Tri-Realms.

Will Adele be able to rescue her mother and make it back to the Moon Realm before the President and the sun dweller soldiers destroy her family?

Can Tristan convince the moon dweller puppets of the error of their ways?

Was Adele's lost kiss with Tristan her one and only chance at love?

In her world there's only one rule: Someone must die.

Please Note: This is a review of the beta version of The Star Dwellers

Wow! What a fantastic sequel. I fell head-over-heels in love with David's unique dystopian world when I read the first installment of the Dwellers Series, The Moon Dwellers. I was sucked into this underground world and loved every moment of it. In no way did I ever think the sequel could quite live up to the first book. I was definitely wrong. The Star Dwellers surpassed all of my expectations and more. I was just completely amazed and thrown back into this fantastic world and left dying to know what will happen next.

Tristan and Adele have gone their separate ways. Both with their own missions to help bring peace to the fight between The Star Dwellers and The Moon Dwellers Tristan travels back to The Moon Realm with Adele's father while Adele must venture deem into dangerous territory, The Star Realm to find her mother. But what she finds there may change everything. Can The Star and Moon Realms band together to change things for the better or with The Sun Realm continue to rule against them all?

I really adored this book. Right from the first page I was thrown back into this underground dystopian world and I just could not read the book fast enough. I needed to know what was going to happen. Let me tell you what actually happened was definitely nothing what I expected. After finishing the first book in the Dweller series I has all these thoughts and theories going around in my head of what I thought might happen in book 2. I didn't come close. The Star Dwellers is just full of twists and turns that I did not see coming and left me with my jaw on the floor and flipping back a few pages saying... did that actually happen? It was brilliant.

I really love that Tristan and Adele were apart for the most of this book. Don't get me wrong I really love their relationship and their romance. I'm a total hopeless romantic and so hope they end up together but I felt like this book focused a lot more on the dystopian society and it answered a lot of my questions about how the society got like that. I really loved seeing the more political aspects in this one and I felt like it was more fast-paced than the first one. There was a lot more going on and it really felt like important things started happening. Things that will really impact the future of this society and of the characters.

I genuinely loved this book. I could not put it down. It is fast-paced and will leave you breathless dying to know what on earth is going to happen next. David is such a fantastic author and he really knows how to pull at the heartstrings. The Star Dwellers is a lot more emotional that The Moon Dwellers. I became a lot more attached to some of the 'lesser' characters in The Moon Dwellers. Those characters we didn't really see a lot of in book one I loved in book 2 and the ending of this book left me reeling and heartbroken.

I can't wait to see what David comes up with next. This is definitely fast becoming one of my favourite dystopian series and I am really looking forward to reading the next installment.