KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Losing It (Losing It #1)

Losing It  - Cora Carmack

Virginity.

Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.

I was lucky enough to be on of the blogger involved in the cover reveal for this book and I instantly wanted to read it. I am a huge fan of Contemporary Romance and I am loving the right in New Adult books so obviously I desperately wanted to read this book. I was so excited when I got an ARC to review for this blog tour. But I am also so ashamed to say I didn't actually start it until yesterday. (Yes I know I'm late, I have University and it's crazy busy). I am not sat kicking myself wondering why the hell I didn't start this sooner. I finished the book in 5.5 hours as I just couldn't put it down. It is amazing and now one of my favourite NA Contemporary books. It's just incredible.

Bliss has a secret. She is 22, about to graduate and still a virgin. After her best friend finds out she is shocked and determined to put it right. Her solution - go out, get drunk and have a one-night-stand. Bliss thinks it should be simple right? But then she freaks and leaves her drop-dead-gorgeous British should-be one-night-stand, Garrett naked in her bed before anything happens. She desperately hopes she never sees him again but life is not that simple. But then Garrett turns out to be her new theatre teacher. Can they both resist their feelings and attraction to each other when everything is forbidden between them? Or will their forbidden relationship only make them want each other even more?

I genuinely loved this book. I didn't really know what to expect as when I finally came around I couldn't really remember the blurb only that is sounded amazing and I couldn't wait to read it. Rather than reading the blurb again I decided to go into the book completely blind not knowing anything about it other than that is was New Adult and Contemporary. I am so glad that I did because I felt like the book was just that much unputdownable because of it. Right from the start Cora's writing style sucked me right in and I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen. I loved not knowing that Garrett was going to turn out to be her teacher as I was surprised when it happened. I was like *gasp* Oh dear... awkward and if I had re-read the blurb I wouldn't have had that reaction.

Bliss is such an awesome character. I love her. She's a control-freak and over-thinks everything. I can definitely associate with that. Being a psych graduate I totally over-think everything and analyse everything so I absolutely loved seeing that part of Bliss' character. I love that she is a strong character, no matter what happened and how much it upsets her she still moves on and does her best to stay strong. I really love that in book, I can't stand characters who just sit around and wait for guys to come and save them and I adored that this wasn't Bliss at all. However as much as she was strong you really see a vulnerable side to her. I loved everything about her and she is such a fantastic character. Garrett, OMG he is so amazing and I totally love him. I don't think I find the 'British accent' as hot as other would with me being from the UK but he is still crazy hot and I fell head-over-heels in love with him. Right from the start with him sat in that pub reading Shakespeare I was SOLD! He is hot, cute, sweet and just swoon-worthy. I love love love him.

I loved the main characters as you can see but I absolutely adored the secondary characters as well. Cade, Bliss' guy best friend is just incredible and so sweet and I just wanted to jump in the book and hug him. He broke my heart and I was in tears at parts all due to Cade's character. I love him and I desperately want a book about Cade.

One thing I love about this book was that there was no instalove. Instalove I hate... Instalust now that I like and there was lots of instalust there. Right from the first chapter there are tons of sexual attraction and tension and the sexual tension continues right through the book and it's what makes the book to amazing. Even though technically it should be wrong, a teacher and a student should NOT be together you can't help but want them to be together because it is such an amazing love story and you just need them to work it out.

This book was easily a one-sitting read. I couldn't put it down and finished it in a couple of hours. I absolutely adored it and it is easily one of my favourite contemps of all time. It is right up there with Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry and I had the same feeling with both of them. The unputdownable this book is phenomenal feeling. Losing It is one book that is not to be missed. If you like contemporary this book is a must-read. It is filled with pulse-pounding sexual tension and heart-stopping romance. I absolutely loved it and it is one book that I can easily re-read again and again.