KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

True Connections

True Connections (Entangled Ever After) - Clarissa Yip

Lia McEvil is back in town, and Max is in trouble.

Max Sheraton and Lia McEvers have been rivals since childhood. Not even the kiss that chased Lia away could make them stop fighting. Now, five years later, Lia's back in her hometown of Grant to open a new branch of her matchmaking business, True Connections--and Max finds himself in the line of fire when their families conspire for Max to make a connection of his own. Under pressure from both their grandmothers, Lia and Max embark on a scheme to find Max a suitable match, but it doesn't take a compatibility profile to tell the real connection is between Max and Lia. Between sizzlingly hot kisses that turn into tempestuous fights, their attraction turns explosive enough to break down the antagonism between them.

But Lia has a secret that's chased her home...and that may be the one thing that can stop Lia and Max from making the true connection they so desperately crave.

Wow, I definitely was not expecting to love this book as much as I did. I usually don't love novellas much as I feel like I can't get into the story as much with it being so short. This is definitely an exception to that. I loved this book and couldn't put it down.

Lia and Max have always hated each other since they were kids. They continuously made each other lives hell. But what if they are really hiding their feeling for each other? When they have to work together to please their families sparks fly and they have to come to terms with the fact that the person they have spent their whole lives hating just might be the right one for them.

One word that would describe this novella is 'hot'. It was definitely hot and I couldn't stop reading. I loved the relationship between Max and Lia and could tell deep sown that they really loved each other. All I wanted to do was keep reading to see if they would finally admit it and end up together. I loved seeing the love-hate relationship between them and seeing the jokes that they would play on each other.

I think this is a great novella for anyone who just wants a good quick read and I really loved reading it.
A great short contemporary romance that simply blew me away and had me hooked from the first page.