KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

SPOILER ALERT!

City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments #4)

City of Fallen Angels  - Cassandra Clare

City of Fallen Angels takes place two months after the events of City of Glass. In it, a mysterious someone’s killing the Shadowhunters who used to be in Valentine’s Circle and displaying their bodies around New York City in a manner designed to provoke hostility between Downworlders and Shadowhunters, leaving tensions running high in the city and disrupting Clary’s plan to lead as normal a life as she can — training to be a Shadowhunter, and pursuing her relationship with Jace. As Jace and Clary delve into the issue of the murdered Shadowhunters, they discover a mystery that has deeply personal consequences for them — consequences that may strengthen their relationship, or rip it apart forever. Meanwhile, internecine warfare among vampires is tearing the Downworld community apart, and only Simon — the Daylighter who everyone wants on their side — can decide the outcome; too bad he wants nothing to do with Downworld politics. Love, blood, betrayal and revenge: the stakes are higher than ever in City of Fallen Angels.

City of Fallen Angels Review on K-Books

I absolutely loved this book and it is definitely one of my favourite of the series. The story follows Clary as she starts to train as a shadowhunter and comes to terms with the blossoming relationship between her and Jace. Soon Jace starts pulling away from her and she doesn't understand why. Soon everything is spiralling out of control and there is nothing Clary can do to stop it.

I thought this was an amazing new chapter in Clary and Jace's story. I found myself loving every minute of it but at the same time hating it because i knew something bad was going to happen to their relationship and really didn't want it to happen. The book was action-packed and fast paced and i loved every moment of it.

******SPOILER ZONE*********

I was completely heartbroken when Jace became possessed by Lilith, and I just wanted to stop reading and pretend it wasn't happen but at the same time i was so hooked i couldn't stop reading. Jace and Clary are just the perfect couple to me and all I wanted was for it to work out for them. I was so happy when Clary got rid of the Lilith's hold on Jace and i was thinking that everything was going to end happily. I was so wrong its unbelievable. I can't say I was shocked by the link between Sebastian and Jace and unlike some people who hated the ending I quite liked the ending. Of course I want Jace and Clary together and happy but I honestly think that all this hurt is going to make their relationship grow that much stronger. Jace honestly believes that he is evil and i think the only way he is going to realise the truth is by him experiencing evil personally so that he can see the differences between sebastian and himself. I think by Clary fighting for him and helping his through all his issues by the end when they end up together happy, and i do honestly think that they will be together, their relationship will be so much stronger. I cannot wait for the next book.