KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments #2)

City of Ashes  - Cassandra Clare

A murderer is loose in New York City ... ... and the victims are Downworlder children. Clary Fray and her fellow Shadowhunters have a strong suspicion that Valentine, Clary's father, may be behind the killings. But if he is the murderer, then what's his true motive? To make matters worse, the second of the Mortal Instruments, the Soul-Sword, has been stolen, and the mysterious Inquisitor has arrived to investigate, with his eyes vigilantly targeted on Clary's brother, Jace. Clary will need to face some terrifying demons and even more terrifying family decisions. No one said that the life of a Shadowhunter would be easy.

City of Ashes Review on K-Books

This series just gets better and better. I really loved this book. All the Shadowhunters are left reeling after discovering Jace & Clary are brother and sister. Now they must try and fight their feelings for each other because it is wrong. Meanwhile, someone is killing Downworlder children and suspicions arise that is could be Valentine. Clary and Jace must put away their feelings for each other and concentrate on finding out what Valentine is up to. I really loved this book, i definitely fell for Jace more that i did in this one. I was shocked and devastated to find out that Jace and Clary were related and i felt so much for them as they try and hide their devastation of it and their feelings for it. I hated the Inquisitor and couldn't believe all teh horrible things she made Jace go through. I am really upset that Clary's mum is still comatose but i have a feeling all will become clear in the third book. I really started to love Luke in this book. He is such a great role model and father figure for Clary and Jace. I can't wait to find out what happens next and get the answers to all the questions raised in the first two books.