KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

No Flowers Required (Love Required #2)

No Flowers Required  - Cari Quinn

He’ll give her everything she desires...except his identity.

Flower shop owner Alexa Conroy had it all before the recession hit and her customers fled to cheaper shopping grounds. Desperate to make ends meet, she sells her dream home and moves into the rundown apartments above her shop. When she spots six feet of sexy distraction—complete with muscles, piercings, and tattoos—ripping up flooring, Alexa knows the karmic windfall she’s due just landed on her doorstep.
And the attraction’s definitely not one-sided.

Dillon James, reluctant heir to the corporation about to foreclose on Alexa’s shop, is not about to jeopardize their scorching chemistry by admitting he’s not the building’s handyman. But with only weeks until her business goes under and his identity is revealed, Dillon must find a way to convince Alexa cooperation isn’t a dirty word, help her save the shop from his brother’s greed, and persuade her that he’s not the enemy...or risk losing the only woman who’s seen the real him.

No Flowers Required Review on K-Books

"You're important to me, Alexa, I know you don't believe that yet, but I hope you will eventually."

Wow! What a difference from the first book in this series. After reading the first book in this series I was really worried about this book. I wasn't a big fan of the first book as it was very short and I felt like I didn't have time to really know the characters and therefore I couldn't really like them. For me... if I don't know or like the characters I just can't like the book. I am glad to say this book was a million times better! I adored this. Another amazing addition to the Brazen imprint of Entangled Publishing. I am not under the impression that when it comes to the Brazen imprint they cannot come out with a book I will not absolutely love.

Alexa is struggling. With the flower shop that was left to her struggling for business she moves to a small rundown flat above her shop. Her life has definitely taken a bad turn... But then she spots Dillon. The drop-dead gorgeous guy doing work on her buiding. Suddenly she is drawn into a whirlwind sexcapade with Dillon. But will she be able to keep herself from falling for him? And who is he really?

I loved this book! It was so damn good and so damn HAWT! Now Dillon... he is definitely my kind of man *fans self* He is drop dead gorgeous, sweet and tattooed... oh yes! I was sold!! I definitely loved the characters in this book. Alexa is a fantastic heroine... she is independant and is determined to succeed by herself. She knows that if she tries her damn hardest she can do anything and I freaking loved that about her. I mean seriously what's not to love? She's awesome.
Okay let's talk about Dillon... I am in love!! I love him Although yeah I kinda wanted to slap him for not telling her who he was to start but damn I love him anyway. He is sweet and adorable and all he wanted was to help Alexa succeed. He is one hot guy that every girl will love!!

This book was paced a lot better than the first in the series. I had time to really get a feel for who these characters were as people and be curious about what had happened to make them feel the way they did, particularly Alexa and her hatred for the other cooperation. I felt like I really connected with the characters and really cared about what was going to happen. I love that their relationship was not rushed. There was no instalove or anything like that. Although they were in a physical relationship quite early on in the book it took a lot of things to happen and a lot of development for them to admit to their feelings and for things to work out.

This was a great contemporary romance that I absolutely adored and fell head over heels in love with the story and the character and was unable to put the book down. A fantastic fast read for any romance fans.

"I love you Alexa, You were the only thing worth risking for. If taking back what I did means I couldn't be there to watch you succeed, I wouldn't do it."