KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Between (Heaven & Hell #1.5)

Between (Heven and Hell, #1.5) - Cambria Hebert

I grew up in a comfortable house with two parents and a white-picket fence. My brother, Sam, and I used to play with sticks in the backyard and pretend they were swords. There were always cookies on the table and milk in the fridge. Then, one day, things changed.

Sam changed.

Life was never the same again. Sam left. My parents abandoned him when he needed them most, and I was left to survive in a house that was merely a shell of what it used to be. Mom cried all the time and Dad expected me to fill the void my brother left behind. But mostly, all we did was pretend. We pretended that things weren’t messed up. We pretended that Sam never existed.

Until I changed, too.

Now, everything’s a mess and I’m so confused. It’s like there are two different people trapped inside one body—my body—and one of them wants out. I do things. Bad things and I don’t know how to stop. I’m not sure I want to. The only way I can be normal again is if I find Sam. He’ll know what to do.

He has too.

Between Review on K-Books

Wow. Cambria has done is again and completely blew me away. This short novella has left me wanting more and I cannot wait for the second book in this series.

Between is a short novella in the world of Before and Masquerade. In Before and Masquerade we saw everything from Sam and Heven, this time we see things from Sam's brother, Logan's point of view. Logan misses his brother Sam and will do all he wants if for him to come back. When something unexplainable happens to him he knows Sam is the only one who could understand. In a mission to find his brother Logan has to deal with the darkness rising inside of him. But can he fight it? Or is he destined to give in to the darkness?

I really enjoyed this novella. I loved the prequel, Before, and then first book, Masquerade, in the Heven and Hell series and I couldn't wait to read more. I was really curious about Logan when he came into the story and I loved reading this short novella and finding out more about him.

Cambria has this amazing talent to just suck you in from the first page and I read the novella in one sitting. There are points in the novella where I just had to keep reading as I couldn't believe what was happening. Believe definitely made me re-think my opinion on Logan and I am definitely left reeling wondering what is going to happen in Charade.

This is a must-read for any fan of the series and as much as I am looking forward to getting back to Sam and Heven I did really enjoy this novella.