KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Die For Me (Revenants #1)

Die for Me  - Amy Plum
In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.

In this incandescent debut, newcomer Amy Plum has created a powerful paranormal mythology with immortal revenants. The Paris setting comes enchantingly alive as a relentless struggle between good and evil takes place in its streets. Rich with romance, atmosphere, and thrills, Die for Me will leave readers breathlessly awaiting its sequel.

Die For Me Review on K-Books

Wow, I don't even know what to say about this book. It was absolutely incredible. I've had Die For Me sat on my shelf since it was published and I really don't know why I didn't read it before now. I loved every moment of it and I can't wait for book 2.

After her parents are killed Kate moved to Paris with her sister to live with her family. Here she meets the gorgeous but mysterious Vincent. As she starts to fall in love with Vincent she realises that all is not as it seems and he is hiding a big secret. When all comes out will Kate let her head or her heart rule?

I loved this book, it completely drew me in right from the start and I couldn't stop reading. It's such a fantastic storyline and I absolutely adored the setting in Paris. Amy's narration completely sucked me in and I think she story-writing was absolutely superb. She had a surprise for us round every corner and it kept me reading all day long and I did not want to put the book down.
Kate is such a fantastic character. I really loved her, she is strong and vulnerable at the same time which are two very opposite traits but Amy writes her character to perfection. I felt so much for Kate, after her parents death and I love that when times got tough you could see the vulnerable side to her but saw how she was trying to stay strong for her family and I loved that.
Vincent, Oh, Vincent. I love him. He is definitely what kept me reading the book and every time there were scenes he wasn't in I was flicking through the book going when is Vincent coming back into it? He is like the perfect guy. I just wanted to reach in the book and make him real, I loved him that much. He is  so sweet and loving at the same times as being dark, mysterious and tough and protective. All the perfect qualities mixed in one perfect character.

The setting of this book was perfect, Paris. One of the most romantic cities in the world and it was the perfect setting for this book. It is the place I have always wanted to go to and I loved reading about all of the beautiful landmarks that I want to see for myself. I think this is a fantastic start to a series and I cannot wait to read the rest of this series and find out what happens with Vincent and Kate.