KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

The Vampire Stalker

The Vampire Stalker - Allison van Diepen

What if the characters in a vampire novel left their world--and came into yours?

Amy is in love with someone who doesn't exist: Alexander Banks, the dashing hero in a popular series of vampire novels. Then one night, Amy meets a boy who bears an eerie resemblance to Alexander. In fact, he IS Alexander, who has escaped from the pages of the book and is in hot pursuit of a wicked vampire named Vigo. Together, Amy and Alexander set out to track Vigo and learn how and why Alexander crossed over. But when she and Alexander begin to fall for each other, Amy wonders if she even wants him to ever return to the realm of fiction.

I had really high expectations about this book. I thought wow, it sounds amazing what a great storyline. I mean come on what girl wouldn't want their favourite fictional character to be real? I know I would.
However, I was really disappointed with it. I don't know whether my expectations were just too high but it took me so long to get into the story.

Amy is in love with Alexander, the fictional character in her favourite book series. But suddenly she meets someone who resembles him a little too well. Soon enough she discovers that he is the Alexander from the books and he and evil vampire Vigo have escaped their world and into hers. Can she help him without falling head over heels for a fictional character or will said character fall for her?

I found the story completely unconvincing at the beginning of the book and couldn't relate to anything in the book at all. To me it seemed very far fetched and not convincing at all. However I persevered with the book and after about 150 pages it did start to improve and I enjoyed it more.

I really liked the character Amy, I really liked how she came to terms with everything that was happening and would do anything she could to help. I loved how she discovered that the character Alexander was nothing like the real Alexander but that she still ended up loving him and would do everything in her power to protect him from the evil he is hunting.
I don't really know what to say about Alexander, he is a sweet character and I do really like him. I liked that he was the bad boy in the book that Amy loved and that it was centred around him rather than the good guy as so many books do. However, all you know is that Amy is head over heels for him and you don't really get a backstory to say why. You don't really get to fall in love along with Amy like you do in otehr novels. In other books as the character is starting to fall for the guy, I start to love him along with her but with this she was already in love with him at the beginning of the book so you never got to see the great things that make these kinds of characters loveable. I did like him in the end and was really glad at how it ended but I think I would have enjoyed it so much more if I'd have got that falling in love feeling from the characters.

Overall I think it was good. The storyline was good, original and interesting but I found it wasn't really believable until you got about halfway through when things started to get explained.
The characters are likeable and the storyline does get exciting towards the end. I just found it difficult to get into.
It's enjoyable but I definitely wouldn't read it again.