KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Psych Major Syndrome

Psych Major Syndrome - Alicia Thompson

Using the skills you've learned so far in Introduction to Psychology, please write a brief self-assessment describing how things are going in your freshman year.

Presenting Concerns:
The Patient, Leigh Nolan (that would be me), has just started her first year at Stiles College. She has decided to major in psychology (even though her parents would rather she study Tarot cards, not Rorschach blots).
Patient has always been very good at helping her friends with their problems, but when it comes to solving her own...not so much.
Patient has a tendency to overanalyze things, particularly when the opposite sex is involved. Like why doesn't Andrew, her boyfriend of over a year, ever invite her to spend the night? Or why can't she commit to taking the next step in their relationship? And why does his roommate Nathan dislike her so much? More importantly, why did Nathan have a starring role in a much-more-than-friendly dream?
Aggravating factors include hyper-competitive fellow psych majors, a professor who’s badly in need of her own psychoanalysis, and mentoring a middle-school-aged girl who thinks Patient is, in a word, naive.
Diagnosis:
Psych Major Syndrome

When I heard about this book, I instantly wanted to read it. As a psychology major myself I was really interested in reading this story and thought it would be quite enjoyable to read.
I was not disappointed, I really enjoyed this book. It's a great chic lit book and if you are a sucker for a love story then Psych Major Syndrome is definitely for you.

Leigh is a Psychology major at Stiles college. She chose to go to Stiles as it was the same college her boyfriend Andrew was going to. As she delves into her psychology course suddenly everything she learns seems to relate to her life and she starts to over-analyse everything in her life. Her relationship with Andrew being the main thing.
Andrew starts acting like a jerk and Leigh finds herself drawn to his roommate Nathan. Nathan seems to hate Leigh but little does she know the events that happen in the first few months of college may change her life forever, pushing current relationships to breaking point, leaving room for new ones.

I was very torn while reading this book. At first I really liked Andrew and really wanted him and Leigh to work things out. I really thought Nathan was being horrible, showing a dislike towards Leigh that she hasn't done anything to deserve. However it wasn't long before I started to dislike Andrew, he treats Leigh so bad and I wanted her to break up with him so much. Soon enough I saw that there was more to Nathan, that maybe he was acting like he was not because he disliked Leigh but because he dislikes Andrew.

By the end of the book, I love Nathan, he is just perfect and I would love a guy like Nathan. He is sweet and caring and when things go sour between Andrew and Leigh, he's the one there for her and helping her through her heartbreak.
It's true that I hate Andrew, I think he's an idiot and deserves exactly what he got.

I loved the book and it's such a great teen love story. I am such a hopeless romantic and if there's a love story in a book I am totally sold.
I love Alicia's writing, she completely hooked my attention and I felt so much while reading. I was angry at Andrew for his treatment of Leigh and I just wanted to jump in the book and slap him. I totally sympathised with Leigh when she was dealing with her heartbreak but I also wanted to tell her "open your eyes, the perfect guy is right in front of you."

This is a great teen love story that any fan of love stories will enjoy.
I loved every moment of this book and I will definitely re-read it again and again. Can't wait to see what happens with this author and I would pick up another of her books just based on this one.