KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Across the Veil

Across the Veil - Lisa Kessler

Princess Talia from Summerland has been hiding across the veil in the human world for the past five years.

Starring in a hit television show as human actress, Natalie Thurmont, her charmed new life is shattered when the past comes knocking on her door.

"Across the Veil" won Romance in the Backseat book review's Paranormal Fight Club short story contest.

Across the Veil Review on K-Books

I really enjoyed this book. It is a very short story, about 25 pages, but it was really good.
It follows Talia, a Fey princess from summerland, who escaped across the veil from her life and being betrothes to her lover's brother who loves inflicting pain on others. As her past catches up with her shw has to choose between the life she has grown to love in the human world or going back to save the love of her life.

With this book being so short i didn't expect myself to become as involved with the characters as much as i did. I was gasping and praying that things worked out okay for them.
A very short story that i will read again and again.