KBooks

Kayleigh {K-Books}

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1)

Clockwork Angel  - Cassandra Clare

Magic is dangerous--but love is more dangerous still.

When sixteen-year-old Tessa Gray crosses the ocean to find her brother, her destination is England, the time is the reign of Queen Victoria, and something terrifying is waiting for her in London's Downworld, where vampires, warlocks and other supernatural folk stalk the gaslit streets. Only the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons, keep order amidst the chaos.

Kidnapped by the mysterious Dark Sisters, members of a secret organization called The Pandemonium Club, Tessa soon learns that she herself is a Downworlder with a rare ability: the power to transform, at will, into another person. What's more, the Magister, the shadowy figure who runs the Club, will stop at nothing to claim Tessa's power for his own.

Friendless and hunted, Tessa takes refuge with the Shadowhunters of the London Institute, who swear to find her brother if she will use her power to help them. She soon finds herself fascinated by--and torn between--two best friends: James, whose fragile beauty hides a deadly secret, and blue-eyed Will, whose caustic wit and volatile moods keep everyone in his life at arm's length...everyone, that is, but Tessa. As their search draws them deep into the heart of an arcane plot that threatens to destroy the Shadowhunters, Tessa realizes that she may need to choose between saving her brother and helping her new friends save the world...and that love may be the most dangerous magic of all.

Clockwork Angel Review on K-Books

What a fantastic start to a new series by the wonderful Cassandra Clare. I really enjoyed Clockwork Angel and I cannot wait to see where this series goes.

Clockwork Angel is the first book in the Infernal Devices series, the prequel series to her bestselling The Mortal Instruments series. Will, a shadowhunter, is after the Dark Sisters. What he doesn't count on is rescuing Tessa, a extraordinary girl with a power even she doesn't understand or knew she possessed. Can the Shadowhunters protect Tessa from the evils that want to possess her when she may just be something they are supposed to fight?

I loved this book it was fantastic. I thought it was a little slow to start with and it took me a while to get into it but the more I read it the more I loved it. Personally I think I like this series better then The Mortal Instruments. I love the era in which the book is set and I love every character.
I loved seeing the love triangle start to form and this book is one of the only series in which I really do love both of the guys in the love triangle. Jem is the sweetest guy in the world who would always put others before himself, whereas Will is an ass for most of the book but I am convinced there is more to him.

Clockwork Angel ends with a bang and I cannot wait to see where the story goes from here. A great start to what I'm hoping to be a fantastic series.

Source: http://k-booksxo.blogspot.co.uk/2011/02/reviews-clockwork-angel.html